Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23 #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
My niece and her husband are in the hospital with minor injuries. Their two kids are OK.
If I could point my sister to any news articles it would be appreciated.

Josh is a pilot with years of experience and apparently is quite upset with himself for putting his family in danger, but this is one of those accidents which money can fix... albeit with a little suffering.

Thank you

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23 #2  
I just checked the Lewiston Tribune. Lmtribune.com. I found no story about a plane crash.

It was todays paper - 6/24. You might have to go back a day to find the story.

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23
Thanks. It just happened last night, when I heard it was a bit of a shock. They’ve been planning this trip for months, and my BIL in particular has not been happy about it.

My sister talked to her daughter this PM so is a bit less out of sorts. The kids are with relatives, out looking for a playground.

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23 #4  
it was probably a small plane. little mistakes are big one's in small planes.. luckily no serious injuries this time..

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23
it was probably a small plane. little mistakes are big one's in small planes.. luckily no serious injuries this time..

Yes, it was his 4 seater that they fly everywhere. It was a bit of a shock to find out this AM that they had crashed... especially since my BIL has been having premonitions about this trip for months. It's his only daughter & only grandkids...

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23 #6  
Our little airport in coeur d alene had a plane crash 3 days ago... collapsed gear landing... and had a helicopter crash today....in both cases minor injuries or no injury... lucky. The helicoptor crashed and burned a few minutes after takeoff..
Hit power lines

Apparently they tried to land in a small runway or field, and the landing gear sunk in the mud. Once I started searching I was surprised at how many small plane crashes there are out there... usually when taking off or landing.

/ Looking for news source about minor injury plane crash in or near Lewiston Idaho 6/23 #8  
Not to be too much of a smarta- but other than a very rare midair collision, ALL airplane accidents happen on landing or take-off, pretty much by definition. It's not a crash until you hit the ground...

Glad to hear they came through it OK.

Not to be too much of a smarta- but other than a very rare midair collision, ALL airplane accidents happen on landing or take-off, pretty much by definition. It's not a crash until you hit the ground...

Glad to hear they came through it OK.

I could hear that comment coming when I made my previous post, it sounds like something that I would say. ;)