Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #21  
I don't make buying decisions on the manufacturer's politics, but I've never been able to wear Levis. They just never fit right.

That's why I bought "shrink to fit" 501s. Wash them a couple times and they mold themselves to your body.

And I absolutely make buying decisions based on the manufacturer's politics, especially when they are blatantly against everything I believe in. Why in the world would I support such a company with my dollars - to use those dollars against me?

Last edited:
   / Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #22  
I like that Levis is progressive and working to reduce discrimination inside their company. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So you're also supportive of Levi Strauss Corporation's efforts to dismantle the 2nd Amendment and disallow private ownership of firearms?
Levi's corporate philosophy.jpg

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit
Folks, this is a thread about jeans.
Keep politics out of it.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #24  
That's why I bought "shrink to fit" 501s. Wash them a couple times and they mold themselves to your body.

And I absolutely make buying decisions based on the manufacturer's politics, especially when they are blatantly against everything I believe in. Why in the world would I support such a company with my dollars - to use those dollars against me?
When they fired Jennifer Sey I swore to never buy Levi's again. Lately I've been buying jeans from Old Navy for casual wear. I have a couple pair of Big Mac jeans for work. They are heavy and have held up well. I buy them all online now.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #25  
I don't know if you have Aldis stores there but I wont buy anything other than Westbay jeans. (zipper fly) I got sick of other brands splitting up the ass when climbing into/out of the car after 12 months or less.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #26  
Reason I stopped wearing Levis 40+ years ago is because they were too tight in the legs right off the shelf. Correct waist size fit, but so tight in the thighs I could barely sit down. Last thing I need is ones that shrink even more!

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #27  
I quit wearing Levis several years ago when they shortened the front pockets. Rural King cheapies are too tight in the hips and I've ripped the butt out of several new pairs. My wife bought me a pair of Wrangler Riggs jeans and I really like them. They're pretty expensive at about $40 but like I said, I really like them. They have some of the deepest front pockets of any jeans I've worn. A big pocket knife fits in them really well. They seem to wear well too.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #28  
I quit wearing Levis several years ago when they shortened the front pockets. Rural King cheapies are too tight in the hips and I've ripped the butt out of several new pairs. My wife bought me a pair of Wrangler Riggs jeans and I really like them. They're pretty expensive at about $40 but like I said, I really like them. They have some of the deepest front pockets of any jeans I've worn. A big pocket knife fits in them really well. They seem to wear well too.

I buy two of those every so often for work and retire the worn ones to yard work and painting. They are very comfortable, a bit heavier than regular jeans, and yes, the pockets are huge!

I also like the leather reinforced corner on the pocket to clip my tape measure or walkie talkie. My tool pouch fits in my back pocket nicely as well.

I get them for about half that price at the Lee - Wrangler outlet store at the Lighthouse Place shopping center in Michigan City, IN.

The only problem I've had with them consistently is a belt loop will pull out. I just re-sew it with carpet thread and it's good to go.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #29  
I buy two of those every so often for work and retire the worn ones to yard work and painting. They are very comfortable, a bit heavier than regular jeans, and yes, the pockets are huge!

I also like the leather reinforced corner on the pocket to clip my tape measure or walkie talkie. My tool pouch fits in my back pocket nicely as well.

I get them for about half that price at the Lee - Wrangler outlet store at the Lighthouse Place shopping center in Michigan City, IN.

The only problem I've had with them consistently is a belt loop will pull out. I just re-sew it with carpet thread and it's good to go.
Doesn't the Mrs get mad about the bare spots in the carpet?

😁