Looking for ideas on a 3pt KUBOTA 55# suitcase weight holder.

/ Looking for ideas on a 3pt KUBOTA 55# suitcase weight holder. #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I need to fit the weights out back on the B7200 in anticipation of mounting up the front mounted snow blower for the winter season.

Last year I cobbled up a 2X4 that laid across the 3 pt lift arms, held on by all thread and baling wire.

This year, I'm making a trailer ball/ pintel hitch 3pt attachment that also carries the Kubota weights. Those things are bulk!

Looking for any ideas from those who might have done the same. (Note: a simple flat bar will not secure the Kubota weights. BTDT ;-)

I'm thinking on the lines of building off something like this

but built on a typical CAT 1 implement bar.

/ Looking for ideas on a 3pt KUBOTA 55# suitcase weight holder. #2  
I don't know what a Cat 1 implement bar is but was wondering if a Cat 1 Cross Draw Bar would be useful. I used one as the cross member on this A-frame. Available at Tractor Supply.

TongsGrapple (4).JPG

gg

/ Looking for ideas on a 3pt KUBOTA 55# suitcase weight holder. #3  
I had the same need last year with my Cub Cadet Yanmar. I bought a generic 3-pt receiver trailer hitch and added six 42lb suitcase weights as seen in the attached photo. I usually run a ratchet strap around the weights just in case. The weights are from heavyhitch.com. They shipped them to my local Fastenal industrial supply store CHEAP.
Steve

Attachments

• CCYRearWeights.jpg
    CCYRearWeights.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83