Looking for Goose Breast Recipes

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
My neighbor gave us about 10 lbs. of goose breast yesterday and the only way I've had it is marinated, wrapped in bacon, and grilled. It's very good that way but I'd like to find other ways to prepare it. Does anyone have any favorite recipes? If we find a good way to prepare it there's probably more were that came from.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #2  
Feed to dogs and coyotes. LOL

The only goose I've ever eaten that was halfway decent was slow cooked in a crock pot with beef stock and then drenched in BBQ sauce on sandwiches. Most every recipe I've ever seen was all about covering up the bad flavor of the meat with something else like teriyaki, BBQ, etc..

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #3  
I made it today and it turned out really good, and so tender you can pull it apart with your fork.

2 goose breasts ( I wasn't sure if it was one goose filleted = 2pc or two geese = 4pc.

I used two geese = 4 pcs.)

1 can of mushroom soup

1 pkt of instant onion soup mix

1/2 cup of water

1/2 cup of red wine (I used Merlot)

Put this in a crock pot and turn on high for 3 hrs, reduce to low for the next 4-5 hr

You can serve it with rice, potatoes or whatever you have a hankering for. I like it with noodles.
Reminds me of beef stroganoff when you use noodles.

Enjoy, T

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes
Feed to dogs and coyotes. LOL

The only goose I've ever eaten that was halfway decent was slow cooked in a crock pot with beef stock and then drenched in BBQ sauce on sandwiches. Most every recipe I've ever seen was all about covering up the bad flavor of the meat with something else like teriyaki, BBQ, etc..

I was always told the same thing about venison but I've figured out a few ways to make it pretty tasty.

I'll share the recipe for goose that I know, my neighbor makes it this way.

Cut goose breast in thin strips and marinate in your favorite concoction for 24 hours

Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and lightly stir fry in oil, spice as desired

Wrap a strip of goose meat around a 1/2 jalapeno pepper and then wrap a 1/2 strip of bacon around that, secure with toothpick

Grill on low heat until cooked

I admit this does hide the flavor of the meat, one reason I'm looking for new recipes. They're pretty good but what isn't wrapped in bacon!

Kevin

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #5  
Cook goose breasts in a cup of beef broth and a tablespoon of liquid smoke in a crock pot about 6 hours or until it starts to fall apart. Drain off liquid and mix in favorite barbecue sauce. Reheat to temperature and put on favorite roll. Don't tell anyone it's not beef and they will never know.

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #6  
I've shot a lot of geese and never found a great way to cook it. The best was probably when it was smoked for many hours at a low temp and then sliced thin like roast beef.

The bacon thing cracks me up...and I do it all the time. It is a great way to cook stuff. But, you could make a dog turd taste good if you wrapped it in bacon, grilled it and dipped it in ranch! :laughing:

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #7  
Dig hole about 3 ft deep. insert all dead geese and return dirt.

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #8  
I was always told the same thing about venison but I've figured out a few ways to make it pretty tasty.

I'll share the recipe for goose that I know, my neighbor makes it this way.

Cut goose breast in thin strips and marinate in your favorite concoction for 24 hours

Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and lightly stir fry in oil, spice as desired

Wrap a strip of goose meat around a 1/2 jalapeno pepper and then wrap a 1/2 strip of bacon around that, secure with toothpick

Grill on low heat until cooked

I admit this does hide the flavor of the meat, one reason I'm looking for new recipes. They're pretty good but what isn't wrapped in bacon!

Kevin

On the scale of gaminess Goose and Duck are at the bottom of the list IMO.

Corn, alfalfa, and wheat fed deer are really not nearly as gamy, especially ground with some beef or pork fat.

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #9  
'You've cooked your own goose' is derived from the meaning 'You have caused bigly trouble for yourself, now you have to eat what you cooked'. :D

Goose should be fed every day at the homeless shelters, might make them want to go get a job rather than come back.

/ Looking for Goose Breast Recipes #10  
'You've cooked your own goose' is derived from the meaning 'You have caused bigly trouble for yourself because now you have to eat it'. :D

Goose should be fed every day at the homeless shelters, might make them want to go get a job rather than come back.

So true. LOL. I bet the homeless won't even eat goose.