Looking for block heater recommendation

/ Looking for block heater recommendation #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I'm purchasing a New Holland TC33DA which I will be using occasionally during the winter. I live in Wisconsin and -20F or colder temperatures do occur here occasionally.

I'm thinking a block heater would be a good idea. I know there are different styles of heaters for cars i.e. coolant line heaters, oil pan heaters, etc.

I'm interested in opinions on heater styles and perhaps brand recommendations for heaters that would work with my new tractor.

Thanks,

Tom

/ Looking for block heater recommendation #2  
<font color="blue"> I'm interested in opinions on heater styles and perhaps brand recommendations for heaters that would work with my new tractor. </font>
Why wouldn't you buy the block heater designed for your TC33DA from your NH dealer (see attached)?

Attachments

• 485107-P1050003.jpg
    485107-P1050003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 226
   / Looking for block heater recommendation #3  
<font color="blue">Why wouldn't you buy the block heater designed for your TC33DA from your NH dealer (see attached)? </font>

Especially when they can be had for <$30. I'd negotiate the installation as part of your sales deal. It is easy to do, but you need to drain the coolant.

/ Looking for block heater recommendation
Thanks. I wasn't aware that it was available as a dealer installed option. That sure sounds like the best way to go.

I wonder what other dealer installed options are available that I don't know about? I did download a printout from the Minnesota DOT site (looks like a dealer pricing page) that listed TC33DA options and accessories, along with list prices. I had things like rear remote hydraulics, various bucket options, weights, seat armrests, etc.

It looked like a pretty complete list, but no block heater listed.

/ Looking for block heater recommendation #5  
My dealer in Wausau ( just a tad north of you ) gets 21.00 for the block heater and $ 20. for installation. Must not take long as they charge $72.25 an hour labor. I am going to put one in my 45 this fall. It is a very simple procedure.

/ Looking for block heater recommendation #6  
I think I paid $30 or $35 installed for mine on my TC24 when I purchased. Dealer told I didn't need it. He was right, but at the same time I did a comparison between using it and not using and the tractor definitely start quicker, ran smoother quicker, and with less smoke when I used. From now when it is cold I will be using it.