Looking for asking price on 42 9N

/ Looking for asking price on 42 9N #1  

fireman649

Tractor
Kubota B7100HST Diesel 4x4
Hi all,

My father has a 1942 9N that he is looking to sell. He has had it for 20 years, been a great tractor. Has 4cyl gas engine, does have rust on some areas, needs both front tires and rims. Will start and run. Needs to be restored or can be used as is except for the tires. Rear tires are great. Comes with a 5 foot rake and 5 foot bush hog. Bush hog needs new metal on top, has rusted through, but still works great. Rake is in good condition. Can anyone give us a starting point of a price we should be asking. Thanks in advance.

Steve

/ Looking for asking price on 42 9N #2  
fireman649 said:
Hi all,

My father has a 1942 9N that he is looking to sell. He has had it for 20 years, been a great tractor. Has 4cyl gas engine, does have rust on some areas, needs both front tires and rims. Will start and run. Needs to be restored or can be used as is except for the tires. Rear tires are great. Comes with a 5 foot rake and 5 foot bush hog. Bush hog needs new metal on top, has rusted through, but still works great. Rake is in good condition. Can anyone give us a starting point of a price we should be asking. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Prices seem to vary from state to state. Here in Ky, a 9N in that approx. condition would sell (average) $1500 to $1800. Mower in that condition MIGHT add $150 to the deal. 5' rake may end up just being a "deal sweetener". I'd try to sell the rake seperately. Better chance of finding someone looking for just the rake than an old tractor with a mower AND a rake.

I see "quickie restoration" 9N's in fairly good condition sell around $2200 to $2400 in these parts. A lot depends on your definition of "restored". (I've seen a couple 8N's that $10,000 each wouldn't touch)

/ Looking for asking price on 42 9N #3  
I agree with farm. 1500$ range.

The front rims will be about 90$ each plus shipping.. add another 65$ for tires and tubes. The pretty much eats up the 'added' value of the old mower and the rake.

Soundguy

/ Looking for asking price on 42 9N #4  
I agree on the price range. They seem to be for sales everywhere up here for $1500 to $3000 depending on the conditon. The units that push $3000 will have fresh paint, newer wiring, etc but I would not call them historic restorations. Original condition does not seem to help the price, people who buy them are typically looking for a tractor to use on their land.

/ Looking for asking price on 42 9N #5  
Afternoon Steve,
Sounds like you probablly have enough answers allready, but I will jump in and add my 2 cents :)

Around here they will fetch $1500 to $2500 but like Farm says, if its a true restoration gone right through the entire tractor they will be worth considerably more !

These tractors for the most part were really used in their day and alot of them are plum wore out :( :) There are alot of units out there that rec ieved new paint and tires and a tuneup and somebody will call it restored which is not fair to the prospective buyer.

Anyways that should give you a starting point.