Looking for a tiller drive shaft

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
I have a two point tiller, but no drive shaft for it. How can I go about getting one? I've tried to e-mail Hoye and Scheaffer and neither has replied. Anybody ever have one built?

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #2  
We have plenty of tiller shafts in stock for yanmars
What model of tractor & tiller do you have ?
Ernie

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft
I have a 1110d with a matching tiller for it. I looked for some numbers on the tiller, but couldn't find any.

Are you able to run down some preventative maintenance items for the tiller? I looked for oil fills and grease zerks, but couldn't find any.

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #4  
The tiller should be a Yanmar RS1000. That's what came with both of my YM1110D's. I think the shaft is common to the YM1301, YM1401, YM1510. Since you have to buy a tiller pto shaft, I would seriously look at converting the tiller to 3pt. That way it will take a longer pto shaft, but I think it should be a standard piece. It also gets that 2pt mount off the back of the tractor where it interfers with the 3pt (if you have 3pt hitch). If you need digital photos, I can get some of mine.

I know that I have seen some 3pt pics of your tractor. I just can't recall how your 3pt is hooked up. I know that I still have the 2pt bracket on my tractor AND I have the 3pt system on. In fact, I have the mower hooked up right now. I had thought about converting the tiller to a 3pt, but figured I could just make some new lift rods for the upper pins and still use the lower 2pt mount for a a lot less work.

While I have you on the line, are you able to answer my about the tiller lubrication?

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #6  
I have 3 of those shafts in stock /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
503-829-9170
Ernie's

Could you tease me with a price? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #8  
Yes, we can tease you with a price over the telephone.
The management here does not like dealers selling parts on their site. And I dont blame them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ernies Imports
503-829-9170

/ Looking for a tiller drive shaft #9  
I don't know what your 3pt looks like, but mine has stabilizer chains which run from the drawbar to the lower lift arms with turnbuckles to tighten them down. When raising the 3pt, the stabilizer chains can get caught on the 2pt bracket. Usually this only happens when I don't have anthing on the 3pt to keep the arms apart.

It you get a chance, check out my web page. If you scroll down to the bottom, there are two photos of the 3pt on my YM1301D which has the same problem. You can see how close the chains come to the 2pt linkage. I attached one of the photos here.

Attachments

• 659027-3pt_2.jpg
    659027-3pt_2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 207
That's a interesting problem. I have a simular setup to yours, but the lower arms are attached differently. Really shouldn't affect the clearances though. When I was setting my hitch up, I know that I ran the arms through a full cycle of motion and never had an interference. If my pumpkin housing comes in tonight (sent it to a machinist for a new pivot bushing) I'll shoot some pics of my hitch.