Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I shelled the front center casting of my front axle that apparently held together long enough for the pivot boss on the rear of the center casting to shatter, thereby dropping chunks into the pinion and ring gear to the point where I suddenly knew something deeply wrong was going on with my front axle. From the looks of it, the front pivot boss broke first, and then with more use the rear pivot boss chunked out and dropped a chunk that got snagged into the front pinion and ring gears alerting me to major malfunctions.

If anybody knows of an NX series tractor that burned down, got crashed, got bounce-tested from a tall building, or whatever, I'm on a quest for the center front axle housing.

Thanks.

Photos:

Much damage, Bronze? I am the Nightrider, a fuel-injected, suicide machine... Laying down a rubber road straight to freedom! LOL
52991957356_9bc933de94_k.jpg

How we rigged to support the front axle.
52991359652_729fb62781_k.jpg

The operating theater. We had an audience.
52991360497_0dce8a96c2_k.jpg

The operating table. Sadly, this patient appears to be dead.
52992326355_e2a5b7343e_k.jpg

Front of the center axle housing. You can see the broken boss had been working.
52991359887_6bb22f32cd_k.jpg

The rear boss of the front-center axle housing is shattered.
52992355510_82c14ef1e5_k.jpg

Front axle pinion shaft. Notice the shattered boss is still on the pinion's shaft bearing.
52992098184_531c3db3a7_k.jpg

Front ring gear.
52991956516_6a0abb53df_k.jpg

Last edited:
   / Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #2  
Dang

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #3  
That's a clean machine for that level of damage. How??

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing
That's a clean machine for that level of damage. How??

Cumulative failure my Buddy, Other Eric (who helped me remove the axle and turn it into an exploded diagram), and I presume from our educated post-mortem. We both agreed that the cast bosses have less material than we would have suspected without first seeing them. The axle's failure happened while backing up under very little load (I was backing up after plowing down a short drive). We had two stupidly heavy snowfalls this past winter and I think the front boss failed while plowing snow and then the movement on the axle caused the rear boss to fail dropping chunks of the case into the pinion and ring gear at which point, I know something had shelled.

The axle shelled at the end of last February, and I would have gotten to this job earlier this year, but I waited until it was both warm enough to work on it outside and there wasn't a dozen mosquitos per cubic foot.

Last edited:
   / Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #5  
Wow, so that's what you were talking about.

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #6  
Eric, Ouch!

But looks like you've got the makings for a great video for your Youtube channel when you find the best way forward. :cool:

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing
Eric, Ouch!

But looks like you've got the makings for a great video for your Youtube channel when you find the best way forward. :cool:

I didn't video the teardown but I will video shimming the ring gear and pinion since this Kioti axle is different than the procedure used with differentials that use a carrier.

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #8  
10 year Kioti drive train warranty still in effect?

/ Looking for a Kioti NX Series front axle housing #10  
With enough Kioti parts and a good machine/welding shop I think you can fix the axle. Find one yet?