Looking For 1st tractor......

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #1  

fishdoc

Bronze Member
This is what I will use it for: Total of 3 acres, one acre in grass that needs cutting. One acre maintained with a variety of corn and deer attracting plant life. One half acre maximum garden that would need tilling. One half acre to be planted in fruit trees.

What do I need? So far I like the idea of Kubota B series with a mid mount mower of about 60 inches and a tiller for the rear.

I'm open to any suggestions. I'm looking for new equipment and will purchase something by the end of March.

Thanks for your help.

R. M. H.

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #2  
Go for the BX and get the loader for about the same money as a B. You will enjoy the use of the loader!

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #3  
The B series should be fine for your use. Something around 20 - 25 hp should serve your needs.

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #4  
The B series would work just fine for you. The BX is probably a good choice as well. For mowing, a MMM would work great but if you are cutting areas like your deer spots (assuming that it is rougher terrain) a brush hog might be a better choice (it'll cut OK for grass but can handle rougher stuff that a MMM might get torn up by). The B series will offer more options as far as 3PH implements are concerned (the smaller BX produces plenty of power but can't handle some of the larger implements).

I've got a Kubota and love it. But you should also check out the NH, JD, etc. options - all good machines. Some of the less well known manufacturers might be worth a look, but my personal preference would be to stick with one of the "big three". But that's just me... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif There's no doubt that you need a tractor, though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #5  
Like Art said...whatever you get be sure that it has a loader on the front!

And get a toothbar for the loader.

I can't imagine not having a loader. They are so useful...

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #6  
Just be like Bill (Henro) and get yourself 2 Botas; B and the BX!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #7  
Take a look at the Mahindra 2015, its in the same size range as the b7500. Will save you some money, either way i think that is the size that would work well for your.

/ Looking For 1st tractor......
So many tractors to choose from.......

Here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia we have little to select from locally. We have green and blue and that is it. I guess I'll have to take a look at the NH TC24. So far my take home message from reading hours and hours worth of threads is that 1. all of them have great reputations 2. there are very few lemons purchased these days 3. get the one that feels right. Looks like the NH would be a couple k less than a equal size Kubota. I also believe with what I'd be doing I would never put much strain on my machine. I never considered an FEL as something I would need but it looks like everyone has one and uses it..... so I guess I'll have one to.

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #9  
If I were you, I would also take a look at the Kioti CK20. It's getting good reviews. I don't know if there's a dealer near you, but you can check the Kioti website for information and dealers.

/ Looking For 1st tractor...... #10  
Bill

Have you been able to get to the Kioti web site.? I find it down /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif