Looking at new tractor...need advice

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #1  

Dsewell1963

Tractor
2021 Massey Furguson 1840E
I’m looking at a tractor package. I like the way MF 1835 looks and drives but also looked at JD and Kubota 3301. Is the Massey Furguson a decent tracto? I know the old ones were good.
Thanks for any feedback!

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #2  
I’m looking at a tractor package. I like the way MF 1835 looks and drives but also looked at JD and Kubota 3301. Is the Massey Furguson a decent tracto? I know the old ones were good.
Thanks for any feedback!

Did you look at the “M” or The “E” version of the Massey?

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #3  
I agree, I like the way the MF 1835MH looks and drives. However, I ended up purchasing another Kubota so I don’t have any operational experience with that tractor.

Mike

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #4  
Massey may still be a fine tractor but it's not really the same. They are now part of AGCO. Many of the old brands you remember are not sourced the same way they were. Conglomerates own many of the old names - Case, New Holland, etc. You need to do a bit of research to learn who really makes what brands. As far as I know Kubota is Kubota and Yanmar is Yanmar. Green Yanmar tractors were John Deere but I have no idea who makes Deere tractors now. LS of Korea actually produces many of the familiar brands.

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #5  
Massey may still be a fine tractor but it's not really the same. They are now part of AGCO. Many of the old brands you remember are not sourced the same way they were. Conglomerates own many of the old names - Case, New Holland, etc. You need to do a bit of research to learn who really makes what brands. As far as I know Kubota is Kubota and Yanmar is Yanmar. Green Yanmar tractors were John Deere but I have no idea who makes Deere tractors now. LS of Korea actually produces many of the familiar brands.

The MF in question is a Iseki.

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #6  
As noted;don't base your purchased on"what grandpa farmed with".Things certainly have changed.

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice
Did you look at the “M” or The “E” version of the Massey?
I’d like to have the M but realistically I probably will get the E model if I get a Massey.

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #8  
Thanks for any feedback!
I currently own the best of both IMHO 1959 M-F 50 gasoline & a 2018 M-F 1526 diesel Iseki engine both tractors are very well made & reliable ,Parts are easy to get just make sure You get a dealer You can work with & really wants to work with You & I went out of my way to buy both tractors because I knew what I wanted & I went pass the 2 closest dealers J-D 1st & Kubota 2nd & I have no regrets on that decision! & allot of the old technology that worked back then they still use today in the design of there new tractors & if You research the tractors that fall under the AGCO brand umbrella past & present none of these brands are 2nd rate & the best thing I like about the new M-F 1835 is everything but mostly the Iseki power plant & there history goes back to the early 1920's & if I ever had the need for a 3rd tractor I would buy a 1835M love the cab on these, I just wish I had the need & both of my current M-F tractors are keepers & working tractors year round. I hope i was of some help in your decision & welcome to TBN.
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice #9  
I’d like to have the M but realistically I probably will get the E model if I get a Massey.
I went to the dealer to check them out after looking at brochures on line. I was shocked at the difference in size between the E and M. I thought they were same basic tractor but with the M having more features.

/ Looking at new tractor...need advice
I currently own the best of both IMHO 1959 M-F 50 gasoline & a 2018 M-F 1526 diesel Iseki engine both tractors are very well made & reliable ,Parts are easy to get just make sure You get a dealer You can work with & really wants to work with You & I went out of my way to buy both tractors because I knew what I wanted & I went pass the 2 closest dealers J-D 1st & Kubota 2nd & I have no regrets on that decision! & allot of the old technology that worked back then they still use today in the design of there new tractors & if You research the tractors that fall under the AGCO brand umbrella past & present none of these brands are 2nd rate & the best thing I like about the new M-F 1835 is everything but mostly the Iseki power plant & there history goes back to the early 1920's & if I ever had the need for a 3rd tractor I would buy a 1835M love the cab on these, I just wish I had the need & both of my current M-F tractors are keepers & working tractors year round. I hope i was of some help in your decision & welcome to TBN.View attachment 707100View attachment 707100
I currently own the best of both IMHO 1959 M-F 50 gasoline & a 2018 M-F 1526 diesel Iseki engine both tractors are very well made & reliable ,Parts are easy to get just make sure You get a dealer You can work with & really wants to work with You & I went out of my way to buy both tractors because I knew what I wanted & I went pass the 2 closest dealers J-D 1st & Kubota 2nd & I have no regrets on that decision! & allot of the old technology that worked back then they still use today in the design of there new tractors & if You research the tractors that fall under the AGCO brand umbrella past & present none of these brands are 2nd rate & the best thing I like about the new M-F 1835 is everything but mostly the Iseki power plant & there history goes back to the early 1920's & if I ever had the need for a 3rd tractor I would buy a 1835M love the cab on these, I just wish I had the need & both of my current M-F tractors are keepers & working tractors year round. I hope i was of some help in your decision & welcome to TBN.View attachment 707100View attachment 707100
Thank you very much for your help. This has helped me make my decision. I’m going with the Massey. 👍🏻🇺🇸