Buying Advice Looking at a JD 325GX

/ Looking at a JD 325GX #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
I've been struggling with what to do (see my post for background if desired) and have come across the above machine, with Bercomac snowblower.

I actually found it because I was searching for Bercomac, as I have heard/read/seen many (and only) very positive reviews of same.

My first and biggest question is that the guy says it is a 2009, purchased in 2008. From all the searching I've been able to do it would appear that this model was only sold in 2002-2003. So that was a from-the-get-go red flag. However, all my correspondence with the private owner has been not at all suspect. He has even given me his name and address and all matches up on Google. I am waiting for a picture of the name plate, and hopefully - original invoice from when he bought it from the dealer. My guess is that he doesn't remember correctly - he's somewhat older and is in the middle of moving to a smaller place (said reason for selling).

If the above checks out (is there a place online to put in model/SN to verify year etc?) as i suspect it will, I have a few other questions.

Any experience with this model? Any weak points to look out for?

I assume the blower is a floating unit? One of the things I really like about my Case 444 is that it has down pressure.

He states it has 370 hours on it. Not being sure how that meter works, is it easy to determine that it's at least functional at present?

Based on all the above, does $2200 sound like a market price? Honestly it sounds a bit low to me, but not unrealistically as in scam territory, but I don't really know. Based on Google Street View on his address it doesn't look like he probably needs the money, so maybe he just wants it to be done and over.

One last point - I would be using this for snow removal only.

TIA