Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ?

/ Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
To all those 4000 series owners out there, I'm looking at a tractor as described in the title w/ e-hydro approx. 500 hrs. I've searched previous threads and found a few issues to check for - but does anyone have any "musts" to check out before making an offer ? Thanks all !

/ Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #2  
Must have 4WD and ROPS.

/ Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #3  
With 500 hrs most/all mfg issues should have been taken care of. I'd look more for damage from mishaps by previous owner. Ask if service work was done at prescribed intervals, ie, engine oil and filter, transmission oil and filter, front axle oil, etc.. See if gauges/instrument panel is functional. Look for antifreeze and oil leaks.

Last edited:
   / Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #4  
Make sure the tractor will shift and operate in the different tranny ranges.

Engage the pto. Use the brakes and note if they stick or if one is significantly different than the other; i.e. less brake remaining on one side, etc.

Operate the loader. Look for a level spot and see if the bucket contacts the ground surface more or less level across the bottom of the bucket - loader arms engage, lift at the same time, etc. Leaky hyd lines or scratches on the cylinder rods? Sloppy, loose bucket pins or loader arm pins?

Run the 3pt up and down. Best with a load/weight but standing on the link ends works and if there's any shudder or failure to respond either up or down; you'll "feel it".

Ask about service history. Who did the work and any written records?

500 hours isn't alot of time on the tractor and if it's been maintained well and not abused - you'll generally "see it" when checking things over.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #5  
My 4300 (smaller frame) and not a sister, but has 600 hours with no problems.

Wish I had the ehydro and more hp. But no complaints with what the 4300 can and will do for me.

From what I hear, no issues to worry about. There are about 12 years of great success under Deere's belt with these series tractors.

/ Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #6  
My new JD 4320 w/FEL arrived yesterday. I will replace my "For Sale" B7510. The Kubota
was under-powered for my needs on 18+ acres. I'm already putting it through it's
paces to help remove dirt for my wife's round pen. Plus, look at the muther of a bolder I removed with the FEL, although a Markham Welding Co. (as on my Kubota) tooth bar will be ordered this week. I hope to find this forum as great as the Kubota one.
regards,
Steve

Attachments

• bolder.jpg
    bolder.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 151
  • bolder2.jpg
    bolder2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
   / Looking at 4320 w/ 400x - advice ? #7  
I doubt you'll find a forum with more friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and instructive people than this one. Congratulations on your upgrade!
Vince