Look what followed me home.

/ Look what followed me home. #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I have been unhappy with my Retco 7K trailer. Biggest problems were it’s too narrow (75”) for my 72” zero turns and the break over angle on the tailgate is too steep for them without some rubbing.

I kept a lookout on FB marketplace and spied a 2021 Pequea 20’ x 80” 10K that has a lower break over angle and split full width ramps. It’s only 2 years old and looks like it was never used. Owner said he overbought and only used it for 4 wheelers. No evidence of any abuse. Towed it 50 miles home and it tracked perfectly.
Not a scratch on it. Very solid and should be the final answer for my mowing & light chores trailer.

1689074000014.jpeg

1689074068051.jpeg

1689074116721.jpeg

1689074307338.jpeg

/ Look what followed me home. #2  
Hay, where's the spare tire? I like that double ramp, I have never seen one before.

/ Look what followed me home. #3  
10k trailers are a good size, and you fixed your trailer brakes all in one shot:D

/ Look what followed me home. #4  
Thats a nice trailer. I have one similar and it gets used the most out of my 5 trailers. I custom ordered mine. One feature I really like is the 2' dovetail. It allows my ramps to be shorter (and not as heavy).
Here is a link to a thread on my trailer. New TopHat 20" trailer

/ Look what followed me home.
Hay, where's the spare tire? I like that double ramp, I have never seen one before.
That was a feature I had been looking for that makes the whole trailer. Easy to handle (spring loaded) but you can run equipment with small tires, tracts, etc up it with no problem.

No spare tire, but I will get one when time finally allows.
Need to get a tool box for it, too.

Thats a nice trailer. I have one similar and it gets used the most out of my 5 trailers. I custom ordered mine. One feature I really like is the 2' dovetail. It allows my ramps to be shorter (and not as heavy).
Here is a link to a thread on my trailer. New TopHat 20" trailer

Like that feature and I looked for one of those too, but it wasn’t something I had to have. I like all flat so the rear mower isn’t at an angle and prefer all flat for the occasional small delivery of hay.
The split ramps are one finger lift with the spring assist, so not heavy at all.

5K was my budget and this was less and suits me just fine.

Next, looking for a 25,000lb used backhoe trailer and may have found something already.

Last edited:
   / Look what followed me home. #7  
Nice looking trailer that should take care of all your towing

Nice looking trailer that should take care of all your towing
For the mowing end of the business, yes. And the occasional mini-ex rental or small hay delivery.
The big gooseneck handles the hay and the farm tractors.

/ Look what followed me home. #9  
I have been unhappy with my Retco 7K trailer. Biggest problems were it’s too narrow (75”) for my 72” zero turns and the break over angle on the tailgate is too steep for them without some rubbing.

I kept a lookout on FB marketplace and spied a 2021 Pequea 20’ x 80” 10K that has a lower break over angle and split full width ramps. It’s only 2 years old and looks like it was never used. Owner said he overbought and only used it for 4 wheelers. No evidence of any abuse. Towed it 50 miles home and it tracked perfectly.
Not a scratch on it. Very solid and should be the final answer for my mowing & light chores trailer.

View attachment 810542

View attachment 810543

View attachment 810544

View attachment 810545
Nice find!