Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
It seems that TSC expanded its offerings of the Cub Cadet line. Anyone who needs a gasoline powered little tractor can get the 7254 and 7252 at the one in Warrenton, VA.
Mark

Attachments

• 289455-cubsatTSC.JPG
    289455-cubsatTSC.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,908
   / Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today
Pic #2

Attachments

• 289456-cubsatTSC2.JPG
    289456-cubsatTSC2.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,369
   / Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #3  
Hmmm... That's cool. I didn't know TSC sold the Cub sub-compacts. I didn't see any at the TSC store near here.

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #4  
Re: Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. tod

toy tractors ........ sorry, couldn't resist. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #5  
I have had several cub cadets in the past 20 years, I liked the older models which were made sturdy. I recently bought a SC621 self propelled walk behind. I thought this design was cool and had useful possibilities. However the design is substandard in many ways. The round chassis allows weeds to pop up behind the mower. The caster fell off my mower and caused damage which Cub Cadet warranty will not cover. I also own a Cub Cadet trimmer 3000 which is substandard. I will never ever own another Cub Cadet because of their service, or lack of. Rick C.

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #6  
RebelYell,

Its sound like you had a bad experience with Cub. Not sure how a caster wheel would fall off without warning, and cause damage.
Anyway having an older Cub 125 currenty and a new 3204 series as well, I can say the newer is not far off or actually better made than the older 125 !! Its a lot heavier and more powerful just to name a few things. I would have to say your issues are the minority, not the majority..

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #7  
Markie61:

Cub Cadet along with YardMan, Huskee, Yard Machines, Troy Built, Bolens and more are built by MTD. MTD is based in Brookpark, Ohio and has a reputation for building "throw away lawnmowers.

Around here we call MTD--More Tools Desired!!!
The company that I have my day job with used to sell MTD steel a long time ago. They only bought secondary material, never prime.

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #8  
Though Cub Cadet makes many items similar to those made by MTD, I am fairly certain that the lawn and garden tractors are made in a different facility. I think their shaft-drive 2 & 3000 series are every bit as good as Deere or any other.

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #9  

Cub is MTD's premier line...they are every bit as good (if not better in some cases) as the competiton. All of the Mfg's have produced machines available through the Box stores(Lowes, Home depots, etc) that have not always lived up to expectations.
It sounds like you have zero experience with Cub Cadets, and that is truly your loss. They are still a very good machine, and definately not a throw away!!

/ Look at what I found at Tractor Supply Co. today #10  
Duck:

I always wanted one of those, I just had trouble saying desmodronic. Overhead valve was much easier!!!

The Triumph dealer where I am considering buying a T-100 sells Ducks, they still look odd to me, but I hear they rock. I'm too old to rock. I'm in to nostalgia now.

Back on the thread, it seems like lawnmowers are like mouthwash, different brands same origin.