Longest Original Tractor Battery Life?

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
There has been an ongoing joke between my dad and I for the last several years about the lifespan of his Kubota battery. He bought his B7500 new over 19 years ago, and never changed the original battery.

I changed the battery on my old L2250 3 times in 15 years, and his just kept plugging along with zero issues. I would often kid him that he might be getting on in years, and may have forgotten that he changed it a couple times through the years.

Well his battery just died and he had to break down and buy a new one :weepy:. He joked that he should call Kubota and complain as he figured he would get at least 20 years out of it :laughing: I told him to call them as they might get a kick out of the story and it could be some kind of record for them. Anyone experience anything similar in regard to tractor battery life ?

Last edited:
   / Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #2  
My Montana has its original battery. Its a 2008, so its 11 years old. I keep a heating pad on it in the winter. I plug it in the night before I need to use the tractor. Starts the tractor with no problem each time so far.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #3  
Bought our Kubota L3830 new in Spring of 2004, battery is still going strong.
Even more surprising, bought our lawn tractor, a "Scotts" by John Deere from Home Depot in 2002, just replaced the little battery last year.
Also, just replaced the original battery in our 2004 Dodge pickup this winter.
Quite a run of good battery luck.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #4  
I had a gel cell battery in my Ford 1700. It was not OEM. After eleven years I replaced it. It was not worn out - I just became apprehensive. No idea how long it would have lasted if I kept it in service. Now-a-days the term "engineered obsolescence" applies to most everything.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #5  
Changed out the battery in my John Deere 2020 diesel a year or so ago. I was surprised when I looked in the little envelope on the side of the battery and saw that I'd installed it 13 years ago. It was just a cheap Walmart Everstart.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #6  
Battery 002.jpg
Took this one out of my dump truck in 04 because the other one died so replaced them both. It's been used at my mill ever since and still going strong, runs the hydraulic toe board for a couple wks. then I recharge it.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #7  
Not the longest, but bought B3200 new in 2008? Only charged it a couple of times, lives out in unheated building, still going!

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #8  
Original one on a MX5000 2005, never charged or plugged in yet still fires the tractor in sub zero temp. Not as lucky on those in cars as they never last more than 4 or 5 years.

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #9  
My exide which was OEM in my Mahindra was 3 yrs old this jan and I had to replace it.....

/ Longest Original Tractor Battery Life? #10  
A 2004 Century 2535(Branson 3510) still going strong. Knock on wood, cross my fingers and what ever else I can think of!!!. Stays out in an unheated shed in Central VA. I am impressed. Why can't more batteries last as long?? W. Jones