long time Kubota dealer

/ long time Kubota dealer #51  
Jstpssng, I didn't know or even realize - do snowmobiles also have chips/computers in them now too?? It's been quite some time since I've been on one, but they never used to have/need computers built into them. I guess I didn't realize they'd be subject to the darn emissions rules also. If so, what another bummer.
lmao 😄

/ long time Kubota dealer #53  
Yes. Unfortunately that was the case with my local dealership. Went from being friendly and homey to cold and brusque. Unless you’re buying a $75,000 excavator, they don’t even want to talk to you. It’s why I bought a different color this time.
I can only guess that you are referring to JD :rolleyes:

/ long time Kubota dealer #55  
Kubota was off my list for three reasons when I got my Kioti a few years ago.

Didn’t like the treadle pedals.

Didn’t like the price.

Dealer was going under in a messy divorce.
I see they’re back in business not, but the first two issues haven’t been addressed.
Treadle pedal???? I ain't got one of those and never have.

/ long time Kubota dealer #57  
Yes. Unfortunately that was the case with my local dealership. Went from being friendly and homey to cold and brusque. Unless you’re buying a $75,000 excavator, they don’t even want to talk to you. It’s why I bought a different color this time.
Where are they selling an excavator for that price? It must be a small mini...

/ long time Kubota dealer #58  
Where are they selling an excavator for that price? It must be a small mini...
Yes. The smallest ones are about $40k basically only good for conduit or pipe. Not something you’re going to clear out a forest with. Bobcat, JD have tiny ones too in the high $30ks

/ long time Kubota dealer #59  
Jstpssng, I didn't know or even realize - do snowmobiles also have chips/computers in them now too?? It's been quite some time since I've been on one, but they never used to have/need computers built into them. I guess I didn't realize they'd be subject to the darn emissions rules also. If so, what another bummer.
They have for quite some time, my 'Cat is 20 years old and it's EFI, though not as computerized as the newer ones are. Gotta say, it sure beats f@rting around with a carb/choke, no fouled plugs, etc. Exhaust doesn't stink like the older ones did either.