long term use

/ long term use #31  
I had 50' lead for it. They were in my father's garage and one of his tenants stole them for scrap metal. Grrrr..... that was back in the 90's. I just have maybe 10' leads now. I'd hate to see how much 50' leads would cost today.
It was under $200 for 1ot 50ft leads, the ground clamp, and rod holder.

This was about 4 years ago.

/ long term use #32  
Now THAT is an accomplishment. If I had a 35 year old belt I'd have to drape it over one shoulder to wear it.
Ditto. I had some from 35 years ago, but they went to my sons. I've gone up a couple sizes since then.

Dress belts last a long time for me. But my daily one gets replaced yearly.

/ long term use #33  
IMG_0105.JPG

1929. I drive it once or twice a week.

/ long term use #35  
$140 just for 50' of it at Home Depot. No clamps, ends, etc....

I'm still bummed. :(
Mine was for 100ft of 1ot wire, plus the other stuff. I should have made that clearer. I cut the wire in half to make two 50ft leads.

I purchased from a local welding supply that my work has an account with. Had them run it under the company account and then paid cash for it. I'm all for using the company discount.

/ long term use #36  
Yeah, I used to be able to do that at my old employer. They even encouraged us to do it. New employer, no. :laughing:

/ long term use #37  
I致e been carrying the same Swiss Army knife for about the last 30 years. Use it almost daily for something- usually multiple times.

Frank
I still have my Swiss army knife, engraved wedding gift in 1985. I confess though I now wear a Leatherman as my daily carry.

/ long term use #38  
I've got a Kershaw pocket knife I bought from a Snap-On dealer in 1977. With rare exceptions it's been in my pocket every day since, and had probably been used every one of those days. The amazing part is that I never broke the end of the blade off it like I did to my previous knife. Still use the same sharpening stone set I bought with the knife. I wouldn't hazard a guess how many times I have cut or stabbed myself with it. I don't usually keep it all that sharp for just that reason.

Last edited:
   / long term use #39  
A Buck pocket knife from about 1975. They used to come with a lifetime warranty. I chipped the blade once opening a metal oil can and they replaced it by mail with no questions asked.

/ long term use #40  
Not me, but my dad had given my one 16 year old boy his 1950 high school class ring. My boy thinks it's the coolest thing he can wear as it's actually pretty interesting looking (nothing like today's class rings).