Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation?

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
I went through it quickly, a tractor is but a machine with levers, gears and swirly go around pieces...easy peezy right?

Quick glance at the floor upon delivery...OK... brake pedals, fwd/back lever and a lever sticking out the floor....

Kool, so last night I was going to dump rocks, and criss-crossed a small ditch....1 front and 1 rear tire spun...crap. open/open diffs....

So I press the "diff lock"...it didn't work... :unsure: tried again in Rev. Nothing...I was like wtf it's only got 11 hours on it, so I turned the tires and took another line...parked her for the night and went home and grabbed the manual...

🤨😡......really kubota? Who in the.......puts a push pedal on the floor of a tractor.....to tilt the damn steering wheel?? 🤪😜🧐🤔🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😅

Glad I read the manual before calling the dealer....

Hope you get a chuckle out of this....carry on folks

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #2  
thats funny….i dont care who you are.

but ive been operating tractors and const equipment for 40 years….i still read operators manual on every new thing i buy or operate, just because of funny things that can happen.

i was at a job where a guy was digging a trench with a new bobcat excavator he had just reciently purchased. He was not use to control layout. He pulled some lever while digging and it released the latch mechanism for the bucket…..dumped bucket into trench.

he wasnt happy as i was laughing at him. I dont even know if he knew this unit had a hydraulic release as his other machines have a pin you have to pound out to swap buckets.

Last edited:
   / Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #3  
How does tilting the steering wheel get you more traction? :ROFLMAO:

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #4  
That's pretty good, lol.

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #5  
I find it annoying that each tractor has slightly different controls. I suppose it is true in cars too, although all (modern) cars have a steering wheel and blinkers on the left lever. A few different common shift patterns, unless you get a truck then it goes bonkers. But even with that, the reverse could be anywhere.

On the tractors, the bucket controls on mom's Kubota is opposite to my Ford.

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #6  
Pedal on the floor almost accident waiting to happen if you have snow on your boots. 🙄

/ Lol, you know when they say to read the owners manual before operation? #7  
42 years - only two tractors. First a Ford - now a Kubota. Both with very similar controls - fortunately. Owners manual is far superior on my Kubota. However - it could be that my interpretation has improved over all this time.