Loggsplitter to cub hookup?

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup? #1  

xtv

This is my first post and I'm hoping I can learn a few things.
I've got an 05 or 6 cub cadet 6284 with a FEL. I bought a logsplitter that just has 2 hoses to hook to the tractor hydraulics. I thought when I bought it that all I needed to do was tee out of the existing lines going to the loader controls. Well I guess I don't know much about hooking up this kind of stuff.
Nobody around here that I've talked to can help much.
I think this tractor has an open center type controler but beyond that I'm lost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup? #2  
This is my first post and I'm hoping I can learn a few things.
I've got an 05 or 6 cub cadet 6284 with a FEL. I bought a logsplitter that just has 2 hoses to hook to the tractor hydraulics. I thought when I bought it that all I needed to do was tee out of the existing lines going to the loader controls. Well I guess I don't know much about hooking up this kind of stuff.
Nobody around here that I've talked to can help much.
I think this tractor has an open center type controler but beyond that I'm lost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TBN:D

First with the basics: You cannot Tee into any high pressure hydraulic lines. The "flow" of oil will take the "path of least resistance" and you will never get any usable pressure or flow to either circuit that way. All new valve MUST be added in "series".

What you need to do is create a "Power Beyond" loop at the rear of your tractor. To help further we need a picture of your valve, or at least the number of hoses connected to it, if you have 7, then this will be a easy modification. Also check to see that the ports on the valve are marked-we are looking for on that reads PB or BYD.

There are hundreds of post's about this if you search some, this hookup is not specific to your brand machine as most Kubota's are plumbed this way for logsplitters and backhoes.

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup?
Thanks for the quick reply.
My tractor has 6 lines going into the FEL valve. I don't see any markings. 4 of them go to the loader and the other 2 go to a pump. Seems this tractor has 3 pumps. the loader valve is conected to the second auxillary pump.
So it sounds like I need some kind of adapter or something .
Thanks so much for the help.
Mike

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup? #4  
Thanks for the quick reply.
My tractor has 6 lines going into the FEL valve. I don't see any markings. 4 of them go to the loader and the other 2 go to a pump. Seems this tractor has 3 pumps. the loader valve is conected to the second auxillary pump.
So it sounds like I need some kind of adapter or something .
Thanks so much for the help.
Mike
Post some pictures of your valve if you can, on some the PB sleeve can be added to make it work.

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup?
Hope these pics come thru..

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 127
   / Loggsplitter to cub hookup? #6  
It looks from the pics that you have a feed and a return line. The other 4 lines are for the up and down of the loader and curl and un-curl of the bucket.

You will need to contact Cub and get what is called a Power Beyond Kit. It does just as it says and allows you to get power (hydraulic) to another part of the tractor.

What it will do in a nutshell is take hydraulic flow from the fel Valve and go back to to a quick connect usually mounted on the rear of the tractor. You will do this by removing a plug on the Front End Loader Valve and inserting what it called a Power Beyond Plug. You will now have 7 lines instead of 6. You will also get a return circuit that will mount a quick connect to the rear of the tractor and flow the hydraulic fluid back to the hydraulic sump.

Get with your dealer. If you do something wrong trying to Rub Goldberg something you can hurt yourself or blow the pump or worse. A pump is $500 or more so know what you are doing.

Chris

/ Loggsplitter to cub hookup? #7  
xtv,

Some valves do not have a PB port. Some folks on here say you can add another valve in series and use whatever. Perhaps one of the other valves has a PB port. They are usually located on the FEL valve.

Your other option is to exchange your current valve with a newer FEL valve with PB port.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7401&catname=hydraulic