Log splitter plans

/ Log splitter plans #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I would like to make/buy a log splitter that has the capabilities to lift the piece to be split from the ground to the splitting rail. My back is not what it used to be, so I think a splitter like this would be just the ticket for me. I saw a video of a splitter with this feature, but that was it just a video. I would like to watch a video of a splitter and be sure it's what I want, then buy the blueprints and make it. Or off course buy one, but as of now I have never seen one offered. Anyone know where a fellow could get a video and plans to make a splitter like this? Thanks. RRM

/ Log splitter plans #2  
I would like to make/buy a log splitter that has the capabilities to lift the piece to be split from the ground to the splitting rail. My back is not what it used to be, so I think a splitter like this would be just the ticket for me. I saw a video of a splitter with this feature, but that was it just a video. I would like to watch a video of a splitter and be sure it's what I want, then buy the blueprints and make it. Or off course buy one, but as of now I have never seen one offered. Anyone know where a fellow could get a video and plans to make a splitter like this? Thanks. RRM

Might need a little more intel of what exactly your describing, far as I know there's a good selection of wood splitters on the market with a lift. I prefer a winch on a small crane on a spliter.

/ Log splitter plans
Yep, that's what I'm looking for. Haven't started looking much, so didn't know anyone made one. Hey MossRoad, you know of any other units available out there? Thanks again. RRM

/ Log splitter plans #5  
Do a search on here , lot's of build threads and ideas. I wouldn't want a splitter without a log lift now that I have one.
Good luck.

/ Log splitter plans #6  
   / Log splitter plans #7  
Yep, that's what I'm looking for. Haven't started looking much, so didn't know anyone made one. Hey MossRoad, you know of any other units available out there? Thanks again. RRM

Northern Tool sells some, too.

/ Log splitter plans #8  
I put this on one splitter. mini knuckle boom 0610121308.jpg swapped it out for this 0517151915.jpg

/ Log splitter plans #10  
Second setup is definitly the better of the two. While the knuckle boom worked "alright", , it just took to much effort to swing the boom, hook up the tongs, and put the log on the beam. The old mechanics boom does have a winch. I made a remote cord 20ft long, I can hook up a large round 20ft away from the splitter, drag it up and load on the beam without breaking a sweat. My only mistake with the second setup is the boom isnt mounted high enough. I can only lift a round of just under 48in dia because I didnt leave enough room between the boom and the beam.