Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Anybody have a locking fuel tank cap for their 4052 tractors?
I leave my 4052R outside and locked, but considering the price of diesel (even off road diesel), I won't be too surprised if some creeps are doing fuel theft.

The dealer doesn't have one, or even heard of one...maybe one of you have.
If so, what was the source?

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #2  
Better to have the thieves remove the cap to steal fuel than the alternative.
Thieves have been drilling/punching holes in fuel tanks to steal fuel from vehicles. Letting what they can't take go on the ground.
Years ago, a friend had an elevated gas storage tank. The nozzle padlocked to the frame. Thieves cut the hose from the nozzle to steal fuel. At least they shut the tank to hose valve, rather than letting the whole tank drain to the ground.

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #3  
I had one on my 4320. I got it from my local John Deere dealer. Talk to Willey at Land Pro Equipment in Clymer NY, (716) 355-4236. It looked like a John Deere item. I had it on for probably 12 years. I took it off because it was leaking water into the fuel tank. It went thru the lock mechanism and into the tank. That was my experience with a locking fuel cap.

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor
I had one on my 4320. I got it from my local John Deere dealer. Talk to Willey at Land Pro Equipment in Clymer NY, (716) 355-4236. It looked like a John Deere item. I had it on for probably 12 years. I took it off because it was leaking water into the fuel tank. It went thru the lock mechanism and into the tank. That was my experience with a locking fuel cap.
Thank you!
I did talk to our local Dealer (where I bought the 4052) and I was told Deere doesn't have any such item

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #5  
I got them at NAPA for my Fords. They looked them up in a cross reference book. You might want to check with them.

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #6  
I leave my 4052R outside and locked, but considering the price of diesel (even off road diesel), I won't be too surprised if some creeps are doing fuel theft.

Don’t bother. You dont have enougha diesel to be worth stealing and like Zebrafive said, better to lose 10 gallons than have your tank drilled & siphoned.
My strategy is to try to leave just 1/4 tank for them.

We farmers have vandals (environmentalists, teenage punks, etc) dumping junk in tanks to ruin equipment, so locking caps can help there.
I’d rather have them throw rocks through the cab windows than put junk in my tanks. They got to one of my tractors and I spent $7,000 to replace the injectors.

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #7  
Don’t bother. You dont have enougha diesel to be worth stealing and like Zebrafive said, better to lose 10 gallons than have your tank drilled & siphoned.
My strategy is to try to leave just 1/4 tank for them.

We farmers have vandals (environmentalists, teenage punks, etc) dumping junk in tanks to ruin equipment, so locking caps can help there.
I’d rather have them throw rocks through the cab windows than put junk in my tanks. They got to one of my tractors and I spent $7,000 to replace the injectors.
Very sad what some people will do.
I had to leave my truck for repair overnight. The shop has a fenced outside lot for overnight vehicles.
They made me sign a "not responsible for vehicle contents theft or damage". I told them I left my truck unlocked. Don't lock it when you are finished. I'd rather have the thieves open my doors and look inside than pry them open or break a window.

I can understand your need for locking fuel caps.

/ Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #8  

Apparently this one from Amazon fits but I haven’t ordered one.

Attachments

• IMG_6373.png
    IMG_6373.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
   / Locking fuel tank cap for 4052 tractor #9  
Apparently this one from Amazon fits but I haven’t ordered one.
Not that you would know, or did anything wrong, but Roy Jackson passed away. He was a good dude and an asset to TBN. He was a Navy veteran.
Nice of you to make such a helpful reply on your first post.