Loader Lift Cylinder 2005 T5C

/ Loader Lift Cylinder 2005 T5C #1  

JonnyRed

Silver Member
Tractor
5835R Branson
I have a badly leaking lift cylinder so instead of rebuilding I went ahead and ordered 2 of these https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Double-Acting-Hydraulic-Cylinder/dp/B009PJELO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548715708&sr=8-1&keywords=mighty+2x16+cylinder and some fittings to replace the originals.

My question is in regards to the cylinder pins and their removal. Does anyone have any experience with these style pin retainers and how to remove them?

This is the pin nearest to the operators station on the loader lift cylinders.

t5c pin 4.jpg
t5c Pin1.jpg
t5c pin2.jpg

/ Loader Lift Cylinder 2005 T5C #2  
Look on the other side of the plate where the pin comes out the other side. There should be a bolt and nut which needs to be removed so the pin will come out.

I rebuilt every cylinder on my T5C and other then messy its wasn't hard

/ Loader Lift Cylinder 2005 T5C
Appreciate you.

I'll follow up with a review of these cylinders and the install.

Finished replacing the original loader cylinders with the Mighty brand ones I got off Amazon. Total investment with fittings was $225.00 and that covered both sides. Install went pretty smooth. Only thing that required some massaging was the rod ends were to wide and needed an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch off of each side. I just eyeballed it and test fit them until it worked. After hooking everything back up the loader performed fine and finally no leaks on the loader cylinders. Next I will tackle my hoe cylinders. Being as cheap as it was it is almost easier just buying new cylinders versus repacking the originals.

IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg
125.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0127.jpg

/ Loader Lift Cylinder 2005 T5C #6  
Looks good, but the rebuild cylinder kits cost about $45 each from Terramite

A valid point about the cost of the seal kits. However I look at it like 15 year old cylinders with a couple thousand hours could probably stand to be replaced. Either way, it is nice to not have to watch a cylinder leak every time the machine is operated.:thumbsup: