Loader hoses

/ Loader hoses #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
The loader hoses on my B7800 are original. The tractor has been outside in the desert for 17 years. They still look good, no cracking or bulges. I am concerned that one could fail causing the loader to drop. Cost at Messicks will be almost $500.

Your thoughts on replacement.

/ Loader hoses #3  
17 years in the desert sun is a lot of UV exposure, and $500 is a one-time cost of peace of mind. Or is it?
There was a recent thread either on this or the GTT forum of someone who bought a new implement and new hoses. I think it was a grapple, but not positive. But when using that FEL implement, while lifting a load, one of the new hoses blew apart from the hydraulic fitting.

If a close inspection of your original hoses does not reveal even fine dry-rot cracks, I wouldn't think they are prone to fail. And of course, new hoses on not, never allow anyone to be under the loader bucket.

/ Loader hoses #8  
You can also get hoses from DiscountHydraulicHoses or SurplusCenter. Discount will make them to length, Surplus stocks them in 6" or 1' increments. My local hydraulics store charges about twice what those two charge, before shipping is added on. You'll need to know what the fittings on the ends are.

/ Loader hoses #9  
If they look good, just buy an extra as long as your longest just in case. I use a crane truck that has no outside rubber on the hoses. I'm looking at the wire braid. Been that way for years.

/ Loader hoses #10  
The loader hoses on my B7800 are original. The tractor has been outside in the desert for 17 years. They still look good, no cracking or bulges. I am concerned that one could fail causing the loader to drop. Cost at Messicks will be almost $500.

Your thoughts on replacement.
$500 for hoses? I would remove the hoses and take them to a local hydraulic shop. They will make you new hoses for far less money. I had a loader hose made at a hydraulic shop for an old tractor last year. Cost $50. Some NAPA stores with machine shops will also make hydraulic hoses.

Last edited: