Loader boom drops too quickly with load

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
Unloaded drop is perfect

Is this the best solution?

Northman Fluid Power In-Line Hydraulic Flow Control Valve with Reverse Free Flow 8 GPM, 3000 PSI, 3/8in. NPT Ports, Model# TCVT03 | Adjustable Flow Valves| Northern Tool + Equipment

Loader is an Allied 195 Controlled through a three spool 8gpm valve (2 spools used) 3/8th pipe/ #12 orb fittings, PB to 3ph etc..etc...

I wouldn't care to give up the unloaded drop speed, but increased sensitivity of loaded drop speed would be safer and better all around.

suggestions? (longer levers?)

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #2  
Is this happening with the valve in neutral or when you are lowering.

You might inspect the load check valve for debris, or weak spring.

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #3  
I dunno the setup on your tractor. On mine, to maintain maximum muscle control while operating joystick, I rest my elbow on the chair arm rest and this way I can operate the FEL speed ...either extremely slow or faster as desired. Perhaps you can stabilize your arm/hand to improve fine muscle control on FEL. Slowing RPM is another way to reduce sensitivity.

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load
JJ

The boom holds position fine only when lowering is the speed a bit fast with load.

texasjohn.

two lever control, no j-stick

I've got a similar method of resting the palm against the bucket lever while exercisising the boom lever. "The problem" is when lifting and placing large rounds on the log splitter. My wife has dropped some pretty beefy chunks and it's getting me scared. I've tried to get her to use the curl function. but that has not gone well either ;-)

Something about "down is up and in is out" while I see "towards you is up and towards you is curl" ;-)

Left brain right brain, but I wouldn't want any one hurt. That's why she is in the tractor seat!

RPM? You can't get lower than idle, which is what the tractor is set for when this particular operator is called on.

As mentioned, the drop speed, unloaded is PERFECT!

cheers

PS she has the positioning part down! 'puts those rounds right on the splitter beam over 1/2 the time ;-)

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #5  
CalG:

I had a similar problem and found a Parker flow control valve at Surplus Center that is slim enough to fit directly onto the directional control valve where the quick disconnect was located, then the quick disconnect screws into the controlled "out" port on the control valve. That saved additional hoses, etc. if I had to mount it separately. It works fine for me; I discovered that slowing the drop only a bit solved the problem with a loaded bucket and at the same time did not make it objectionably slow; so I now leave it set in the same place most of the time.

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #6  
Did you check the fluid in the reservoir? It might be low.

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load
Did you check the fluid in the reservoir? It might be low.

The entire hydraulic system is shared with the transmission and rear end. So about 8 gallons.

And it's right up to the fill port, checked it yesterday ;-)

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #8  
Might be a matter of having your wife practice operation of the fel in a less dangerous setting allowing her time to get used to it. Practice and seat time go a long way solving this sort of problem.

/ Loader boom drops too quickly with load #9  
If the valve flow is matched to the pump flow, you should have some feathering ability.

You should have the same flow in and out both ports, but the difference is that the bucket causes some flow, and the load caused more flow, and there is less fluid on the return stroke side.

Like someone said, if all the components are working correctly, install a fixed flow control washer, or an adjustable valve in the return line.

Last edited:
   / Loader boom drops too quickly with load #10  
Have the same thing on our ex3200, boom down is super fast and takes some practice to get the right control. I just left mine because I figure I might need that some day if I have to drop the load in a hurry for some unexpected reason.