loader arm speed different

/ loader arm speed different #1  

rico304

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300 w/ FEL
I have a JD 4300. When I take the bucket off the loader arms I notice one arm retracts and extends much slower than the other. I unplugged the quick release plugs and wiped them down (didn't spray with WD40 though). Should I redo that and try again, or other thoughts? Thanks! Les

/ loader arm speed different #2  
If there is nothing physically tieing the two together... they will move at different speeds. Just the nature of the beast. When the bucket is attached, one can't move at different speed than the other so they move in unison.

What loader do you have? Usually on the quick attach loaders, the pivot pin at the end of the loader booms is solid pin continuous from one side of the loader the other. The bucket holders are then cross-pinned to the pivot pin which ensures that both holders move at the same rate.

/ loader arm speed different #3  
Rico,
You have a missing or broken pin. #16 is your timing bar. The #17 pins keep the carriers in "time". This is a pic of a 300cx loader, but all pretty similar.
timingbars.JPG

/ loader arm speed different #4  
Yup, kjung17 hit the nail on the head.

I'd call them the bucket arms, as I was misled first thinking FEL arms.

I am thinking that off-center bucket loading shears that pin, as I have replaced several times. Like a shear pin, and must take a lot of stress. But also must be important to have it installed and functioning too.

/ loader arm speed different
I will check it out tonight after I get the kids to bed. Should be fun considering it is 2 above and dropping fast!! haha Thanks for quick replies!!!

/ loader arm speed different #6  
I have broken mine several times...it's just a 1/4" pin.

/ loader arm speed different
You guys are awesome! Thank you very much. That was the problem...

/ loader arm speed different #8  
:D Hey Guys, We're awesome :D
Glad you're back in action, Rico!

/ loader arm speed different #9  
I have broken mine several times...it's just a 1/4" pin.

Some times the Timing bar breaks also it expensive so be sure to keep shear pins instead of hardend bolts.I shift from bucket to hay spears and not sure which shears the pins
ken