Lk2554 Instrument Cluster

/ Lk2554 Instrument Cluster #11  
Nice work K5! Very clean install considering that these are usual quite tricky to fit just right.

/ Lk2554 Instrument Cluster
Rex, thanks for the kind words. Sometimes you have too just get it done.

Lou, you are correct. The company that makes these also makes one for the old Fords. The only difference is they put a clockwise tach instead of the counterclockwise one like the Fords then called it "universal". Partly why I chose this one. I could not find any that would give me measurements but remembered the Fords having a smaller panel. It was a gamble if I could make it fit. It is tight but just enough room too make it work.

Oaktree, the direction is the same as on the LK 2554 but just starts at the top right instead of lower left. Rotation direction is the most important thing that has to match. There are work arounds for the rest.

Ptsg, thanks and yes Sir, it can only go in one spot and still be able to attach the tach cable. This is why I slotted a few of the mounting holes to allow for fine adjustments. I am not that good of a fabricator so I have to make some provisions. :thumbsup:

Ran the Kioti this morning and the hour meter seems accurate. I ran the tractor for 48 minutes exactly and it started with 3/10ths and now showing 1.1 hours. I am guessing at this point the ratio for the tach is correct.

One thing I don't know how to fix yet is the amount of moisture collecting inside the panel. I thought it was because I opened it up for using the gasket to make my pattern. I was inside close to the ac with it open while I traced the gasket. But I would think it would eventually dissipate. Makes it difficult to see the hours. Any suggestions?

9C70A12B-4C47-48BE-9164-53FF50A9DBB2.jpeg

/ Lk2554 Instrument Cluster #15  
Well been very busy and getting new Branson set up has delayed this project for too long! I am starting to focus on a solution and need a little advice.

I have purchased a universal instrument cluster that I plan on making work. I need to build a adapter mount to make it fit the dash. I have a plan for that.

What I haven't figured out is where to source a tachometer cable. The tack on the new cluster appears to be 5/8-18 square end. Tractor side appears to be 10mm slot.

Any ideas on where I might find such a animal?

Here is a picture of the broke gauges.

And here is a picture of hopefully the solution.

Hello,
How did you wire the new gauge up if you don’t mind me asking? I had to order the same one

The cable for the tachometer will need to be custom made. The wiring was straight forward. I just used the same wires that were on the old cluster. The fuel gauge is the only thing that is not right as of now but I have the fix that needs to be installed.

IMG_0172.jpeg

/ Lk2554 Instrument Cluster #17  
Can you tell me how you wired the old unit in comparison to the new unit? I have all the wires marked. Thanks.

I would have to take it back apart to remember everything but it is not difficult. If I get a break in weather and some time during the holidays I will install the fuel gauge match unit and can get some pictures of the wiring for you.

/ Lk2554 Instrument Cluster #19  
Sounds good. I appreciate it. Are there any wires off the top of your head that you remember not using?

I just used the wires for the fuel gauge and temp gauge. I used the bulb sockets for low water level in the reservoir in one of the holes and oil pressure in the other one. They were a little smaller so I wrapped them in electrical tape to make them fit tighter in the hole. Nothing fancy but it works.