Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #21  
One time my buddies and I were doing some work on the hunting property. We've been pretty quiet on the walkie-talkie so Dad decides to hop in the side-by-side to come check up on us. (First mistake.)

He comes over the hill to see us with a chain running from the rear blade on the ol Massey tractor to a large-ish stump, then a chain running from the front hook on the too large bucket to the bumper hitch on the truck, two of us digging like mad at the far side of the stump and the other one supervising. None of us saw or heard him as the tractor and truck were idling.

Upon hearing him retell the story, "I just turned around and left, because I didn't want to be responsible for whatever was about to happen."

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #22  
So what did the new bumper cost?

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #23  
About 2k, but we got the stump out.

I'm fairly confident it's still sitting up there. I should probably have it bronzed.

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #24  
oh, the stories i could tell ...

i worked in probation, bail, parole ... but parenting was tough

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #25  
So; about a year or 2 ago; all of us are at my moms for Thanksgiving; me and myv3 kids (wife was working); sister, her husband, and their 3 kids (their kids are almost exact age as mine, 16, 11, 9, all girls), brother and his wife and baby son, oldest sister, ect; BSing after dinner; talking about some of the stupid stuff we did as kids; and messing with my one sister with the kids (she was always the perfect kid, all A's, all county cross country, never did much of anything); joking, I said, "I heard about that car you stole in HS"; her face got white/blank; and she starting talking fast, denying anything. It was a joke; but turns out I was right... Miss perfect stole a car in HS;
My Perfect older sister was left in charge of 4 siblings while the parents vacationed. She took Dads Sportscar out and put a crease down the whole side of the car. She got it fixed and painted and swore us all to secrecy before the folks got home.
All was well until the Summer party when a neighbor said how impress he was with my Dad's eldest daughter, how she got that car fixed and painted so fast while the folks were gone. :p :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

/ Living with teenagers like living with Crackheads #26  
Our kids started losing access to stuff if they didn't take care of it or return it.

The not returning something still goes on wayyyyy after they reach adulthood.

Currently at my daughter's house. Brad nailer, air compressor, laminate flooring tools, miter saw, jig saw and miscellaneous hand tools.

The power tools will get repo'd once we get out onto our property.

I've already quit loaning them hand tools. They own their home. If you need a hand tool then go buy it. Your gonna need it again and I'm sick and tired of needing it and not having it