Little fire at my in-laws

/ Little fire at my in-laws #11  
By the looks of the low ground fire it could have been put out with a leaf blower. It's been so wet here there hadn't been a fire risk for almost a year.

/ Little fire at my in-laws #12  
Glad to hear it got sorted so quickly for you!

The forest service has three of those trucks parked under an overhang in our small town, I’ve always wanted to ride when they drive that thing. It’s gotta lean hard on corners.

/ Little fire at my in-laws #13  
Firefighter grandson said several roadside fires popped up and they tracked them to a trailer parked at guy's house that pulled it there with blown out tire.

/ Little fire at my in-laws #14  
Backpack leaf blower is very effective too. Blow the fire back to black. I have contained a fast moving grass fire before the fire trucks arrived. A lot of brush now carry them now.
1698026752356.jpeg

/ Little fire at my in-laws #15  
This is very scary to me. I had a similar scare late last year. I started a burn pile and the wind came up. It was probably too dry to burn.

I was with my son and the fire got away from us —- luckily ( by the grace of God) —- we got it out before it got to the recently harvested corn stalks! Barely. We had blowers and rakes and a weed whacker.

No pictures of the actual fire but we have one of the aftermath. My son has a sense of humor on the photo.

07BC5E4C-FFC9-45F3-B3AA-02F45C27A9F6.JPG

I am now gun shy. Haven’t started a burn pile since.

Last edited:
   / Little fire at my in-laws #16  
Glad to hear it got sorted so quickly for you!

The forest service has three of those trucks parked under an overhang in our small town, I’ve always wanted to ride when they drive that thing. It’s gotta lean hard on corners.

A dozers center of gravity is pretty low so I doubt it’s as top heavy as it looks. A 550 dozer is about 20k pounds which is a pretty light load for a tandem truck. I’ve never driven or even been around one of those but I doubt they would drive bad at least compared to any other tandem truck. It’s obviously not a sports car.

/ Little fire at my in-laws #17  
Team work with good ending. (y)

/ Little fire at my in-laws #18  
This is very scary to me. I had a similar scare late last year. I started a burn pile and the wind came up. It was probably too dry to burn.

I was with my son and the fire got away from us —- luckily ( by the grace of God) —- we got it out before it got to the recently harvested corn stalks! Barely. We had blowers and rakes and a weed whacker.

No pictures of the actual fire but we have one of the aftermath. My son has a sense of humor on the photo.

View attachment 828207

I am now gun shy. Haven’t started a burn pile since.
We have strict rules here for burning pile...noting over 6" dia. must be continuing heavy rain while pile burning or least 2" snow on the ground,could also hire fire department.

/ Little fire at my in-laws
By the looks of the low ground fire it could have been put out with a leaf blower. It's been so wet here there hadn't been a fire risk for almost a year.

Backpack blowers showed up after the fire was mostly out. They were from a volunteer FD and the operators were apparently brand new. They just started blowing any direction. I had to go behind them and put the new fires out they started. But yes it was not hard to put out. The leaves were still damp and grass still green and the wind was on our side. It was slow moving. Still, it was pretty scary when I first got there. I didn't know how fast it was moving and I didn't want it getting to their house.