Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment

/ Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Good Evening everyone,

my friend (not yet on this TBN forum) is planning to buy a Little Bear mini-excavator.

up close, it looks like good value for the money and features, but I know nothing about it

does anyone here, know the brand or model details ? completely new to me, but the local Agri Equipment and Repair shop has this on the lot - a new inventory item. I trust that business, and know that they give an honest perspective, I've known them for years.

can't recall where they are manufactured ... Korea comes to memory though

any thoughts ? thanks

1702094908274.png
1702095370223.png

/ Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment #2  
Looks to be just a rebranded Chinese 1-ton mini excavator. Take a look at the several other threads covering them in this Forum. Things to look for is if it has the EPA B&S gas engine or a Chinese brand one.

/ Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment #4  
Would it need an EPA in Canada?
Not sure what Canada requires. If they are like California, who is banning all fossil fueled small engines, you might need to go electric/battery powered. The battery version of the Chinese 1 ton runs about $3000 more.

/ Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment
Looks to be just a rebranded Chinese 1-ton mini excavator. Take a look at the several other threads covering them in this Forum. Things to look for is if it has the EPA B&S gas engine or a Chinese brand one.
What I do know is that it is NOT a Chinese Brand and not rebranded - that was my hunch (and a certain No), and so that was my first question to the Agri business owner last year. I'm going to dig a little deeper to find out where it is manufactured. India is my second thought. I just don't recall. Thank you Matt.

my limited understanding is that the EPA would only be required for larger machines.

I don't think it is a B & S engine, and I thought it was diesel, but I haven't actually looked at it on the lot in over a year.

so it might still be a 3 dressed up as a 9 :)

very curious about it, I wonder how many they sold in town last year ?

Everything that I find, refers to the company, brand and locations, not the product specs.

I have the impression that there may be a business affiliation with Kubota however. The local agri place carries both brands, and the online information shows many dealerships with both brands. Learning as I go.

Little Bear Plus
MODEL: LITTLE BEAR PLUS

LARGEST TRACTION: 500KG TOTAL WEIGHT: 980KG

DIGGING RADIUS: 2500MM

RATED POWER 9.2KW

DIGGING DEPTH: 1600MM

SPEED: 0-3.5KM

DIGGING HEIGHT: 2350MM

GRADEABILITY 35 DEGREES

TOTAL LENGTH: 2550MM

TOTAL WIDTH: 930MM

TOTAL HEIGHT: 2050MM

and this spec page (below) is from the BEARCO Equipment page, and it refers to the larger 2.5 T mini excavator

1702146901055.png

Last edited:
   / Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment #8  
What I do know is that it is NOT a Chinese Brand and not rebranded - that was my hunch (and a certain No), and so that was my first question to the Agri business owner last year. I'm going to dig a little deeper to find out where it is manufactured. India is my second thought. I just don't recall. Thank you Matt.
The arrow on the track undercarriage is almost a dead giveaway that it is a Chinese unit. They do have them with diesels also. The other features such as the bucket is a bit unclear from your picture but it does look typical for the Chinese as well.

Thing is you can modify many aspects of them to be shipped to you if you buy several.

It is not a Kubota.

i added more details in subsequent posts - all i know is that it is not Chinese... dealer told me directly, and told my friend the same. There seems to be a Kubota affiliation (marketing ?), though not Kubota branded. The "make" in the spec sheet says Kubota. I'm just trying to figure it out. it surprised me that it was not a Chinese product, when i looked into it last year.

Last edited:
   / Little Bear mini-excavator, Bearco Machinery Equipment #10  
i added more details in subsequent posts - all i know is that it is not Chinese... dealer told me directly, and told my friend the same. There seems to be a Kubota affiliation, though not Kubota. it surprised me that it was not a Chinese product, when i looked into it last year.
Dealer's statement would have to be backed up with real information. Yes the larger Chinese excavators use a Kubota diesel in them. For instance this 2-ton model on Ebay list either Kubota, D722, Koop 292 in their specs.

ETA: Type of engine does not mean much in equipment. My 2002 Cat 262 SS has a Perkins diesel in it. You will find Cummins diesels in older Dodge trucks.

Attachments

• 1702149380717.png
    1702149380717.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: