Liking the CK30

/ Liking the CK30 #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Yesterday, I visited another Kioti dealer - one that has a CK30HST on the yard. Today, my wife was talking about how nice it would be doing the yard, once she got HER tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'll take that as meaning her approval. She had never driven a tractor until yesterday.

I think this tractor will meet my needs (see profile) exceedingly well. Even better, we really liked the dealer, who took all the time we needed, out in the sweltering heat. Not only did he go over the tractor in dealer, but we visited every impliment on my list plus others I might add. It was around 90 and the sun was relentless.

I had previously received a quote from the dealer on following:
Kioti CK30 Tractor / Hyrdostatic Drive / R-4 Industrial Tires / Foldable
ROPS
Kioti KB2375 Backhoe with 12" Bucket
Kioti KL130 Front End
Loader with 60" Bucket,
Tooth Bar, Pallet Forks & Double Chain Hooks
Rhino SE-5 Bush Hog with Slip-Clutch, Front & Rear Deflectors
Kioti 60" Heavy Duty Box Blade
International Post Auger with 9" Bit
Kioti 59" Rotary Tiller
Delivery to my house.
The quote was within my budget and the best of 3 ( 1 local, 2 internet) I have received.

If you read my post on main buying forum, you know I have a different twist - this machine is for Hawaii - I will ship in a container next summer.
There is no Kioti dealer on island of Hawaii, there is one on Maui, but that is a boatride, not trailer tow away. From posts I've read here, I'm not concerned this will be an issue, providing I can get good phone/parts support.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement. Looks like the CK30 is one fine machine. Any comments or questions?

David

/ Liking the CK30 #2  
David, as you probably know if you've been reading this forum, I am very fond of Kioti products, and many others.
I recently tried the CK30 with the KL130 loader and found it to be a great tractor in it's class.
The one thing you mentioned in your other post was that you wanted a quick attach for the loader. I don't know if that's available on the CK30. Is it? I can find out if I get a chance to talk to my dealer, but I've had some pretty rough cases lately at work, and I haven't done much but get up, work, check TBN and sleep for days.
Other than that little mention, I think you would absoulutely love that tractor. It's a bigger, stronger version of my CK20HST, and I certainly can't fault mine as it has done nearly ANY job I've needed. The CK30 is exponentially better to me.
I see that you are currently somewhere in GA. Before you buy, call or e-mail my dealer and try to make a deal, using my name, as he is very willing to bargain on these things. He is also GREAT at figuring out creative ways to get the tractor to you. He is also used to dealing with shipping out of the country. I know he recently was doing a lot of business with parts for Kioti in the Virgin Islands as there is no dealer there for a customer that found his website.
Contact David Williams at www.bigtractorsupply.com

/ Liking the CK30 #3  
My question is how did they quote a Back Hoe. I called Kioti last week, a customer wanted a BH on a ck30 and was told the sub frame is still in the works.
Thus no price or indication of avail.

Dave

/ Liking the CK30 #4  
Good choice! We FINALLY decided on the ck30 today. Was a big help reading all the discussions here! We also were looking at the new farmall dx series ~ pricey, and I don't think it is as well made as the kioti.
Good tractor at a good price!

/ Liking the CK30
John
I enjoy reading your posts. I usually find them quite informative and well thought out.

I don't think the quick attach for KL130 loader is available yet. I hope it is in near future. That caused me to wonder - are buckets sold specifically for each loader? The KL130 60" bucket is different from KL1450 60" bucket? Perhaps ATI will have it soon.

I'm probably going to take a break from getting more quotes until I'm closer to actual purchase (money in hand). Your dealer (Bigtractor) is on my list to contact based on your reports. Once I have the tractor in my yard, shipping to Hawaii will consist of loading on the 40 ft container with the rest of our household goods. I do need to research ramps for loading /unloading.

DAVE - WOW, what a question!!! This dealer consolidated my list, presenting me with a single discounted price, no individual detail. The mounted backhoe I did see was on a different tractor. I also checked my 2 other CK30 quotes and the subframe issue was not raised by either. Guess when I zero in with checkbook in hand, I'd better ask all the right questions.

David

/ Liking the CK30 #6  
Bigtractor the subframes are done!
I know this for a fact because I just received them yesterday.

/ Liking the CK30 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( JohnI enjoy reading your posts. I usually find them quite informative and well thought out.)</font>
Well thank you. I hope they are helpful.
Loaders are pretty much made to fit certain models and usually can't be put on a different model. The CK25 and 30 would use the same, while the CK20 would use KL120 and other models, other loaders. In a way that's a shame, but things have to be built with the particular tractor parameters in mind. I'd love to add a CK30 and just put my Backhoe on it, but I don't think I could get a subframe to fit the smaller LB2365 backhoe I have on my CK20. Would be great to be able to use it on both.
I'm glad to hear the subframes are now being distributed for the new CKs. I guess the dealers were quoting on anticipation of getting them. Good luck in your search. John

/ Liking the CK30 #8  
I have one also.
Sold unit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bye, Bye CK30HST TLB

Hope to see you at the Meeting Rick /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

KO

/ Liking the CK30
Here are two excerpts from an email I received from dealer today:
<font color="blue">
"Quick attach adapter for FEL bucket & attachments – Because of the arm size, a universal skid loader quick attach is not (and probably won’t be) available for that particular FEL.  However, we can get a pin style quick attach where you just have to pull 2 pins to disconnect from the bucket." </font>

I haven't yet seen this of course, but as I remember, the original KL130 method was to remove 2 pins each side. Not sure I'd be getting that much an improvement and it would still be not universal. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
<font color="blue">
"The only other item I might recommend would be the FREEDON HITCH 3-Point hitch Quick Attach system.  This system allows you to hook up to equipment and disconnect from it without have to get off of the tractor with the exception of the PTO shaft.  This will make taking implements off & on much easier with the exception of the post auger which is a pain in the but regardless.  Check it out @ www.freedomhitch.com.  You have one piece that is put on the tractor (male end) and an end that is put on each implement (female end – you have one for each implement that you have). " </font>

Now that appears to be really useful and as I get older, very welcome.
Anybody have any experience with these or something similar? I think I'd get much more use from this system than the quick attach for FEL bucket. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

David