Snow Let's see your snow removal equipment

/ Let's see your snow removal equipment #271  

OH come on WaxMan. You don't like orange frames! Everyone who have seen mine assumes it's factory fresh and mine is orange. Even some of the Kubota reps were out checking out the beast the other day and thought it mached the tractor better :D

Now yours does look good orange with the loader arms attached and I agree.
But I do think with the plow frame on bandit's would look best as follows.

Quick hitch mounted to loader, orange, (it's now gray),
A-frame just at bottom of plow black, (it's now gray)
Springs on blade black, skid shoes black, scrape blade across the bottom black.
This combo would make it look like a million bucks, just like 4shorts does.

Your plow 4shorts is closer to the loader mount then bandit's and really no room for any black.
But you 4shorts still have the black springs and blade bottom, pistons, and skids all in black which makes it look very very Clean and factory and not like a construction company just spray painted everything one color.
The black accents on your plow 4shorts is what makes it look so good, in my opinion. Black and orange not gray and orange.

Well lets just say I like to break it up a bit, I don't think mine would look good all orange or gray and orange, But mine is different without the loader.

234213931_o.jpg

234213918_o.jpg

/ Let's see your snow removal equipment #272  
I couldn't resist resurrecting this thread. I used my snow stuff today so I took a few pictures. The ATV is a Polaris 800EFI and it does great plowing at faster speeds. A power blade would be good for some of the small touch up though.

Attachments

• IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    512.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    413 KB · Views: 268
   / Let's see your snow removal equipment #273  
B7500, rear blade, chains, loader.
Teach

Attachments

• Bota and house 008.jpg
    Bota and house 008.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Bota and house 007.jpg
    Bota and house 007.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Bota and house 006.jpg
    Bota and house 006.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Bota and house 011.jpg
    Bota and house 011.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 245
   / Let's see your snow removal equipment #274  
Got to use my "new" (OK, used) BX2763 front blade this morning on my BX23.

Oh man, what a nice rig. Clearing the driveway with my FEL was a real drag this year, but the blade is awesome! Gotta love the hydraulic angle too.

I am going to figure out a way to add some suitcase weights to the front end, or maybe at the loader arm base posts. The deep snow causes the front wheels to push a bit...

/ Let's see your snow removal equipment #275  
Got to use my "new" (OK, used) BX2763 front blade this morning on my BX23.

Oh man, what a nice rig. Clearing the driveway with my FEL was a real drag this year, but the blade is awesome! Gotta love the hydraulic angle too.

*I am going to figure out a way to add some suitcase weights to the front end, or maybe at the loader arm base posts. The deep snow causes the front wheels to push a bit...
Here is my BX2763 in action on my BX1500 pushing dirt back in June & Nov and plowing snow in Feb.

*I don't have any extra weight on the front but it seems to do fine.
I think the key is don't put to much down pressure on it to avoid front wheel spinning and sliding.

You could hook a chain on top of the blade with a couple of large S hooks and hang a couple of concrete blocks or other heavy objects on the chain .
I used to hang a couple cement blocks on 2 large S hooks on my old 2 wheel drive Bolens garden tractor to keep the blade from lifting up and riding up over stuff whil backing draging.

/ Let's see your snow removal equipment #276  
The snow season seems to be winding down as we are having a bit of a thaw this week. The snow slipped off my roof so I had to go out and blow it away.;)

I took the opportunity to take some pictures of my tractor. With the blower on the back I was able to keep my toothbar and grapple on all winter.:)

Attachments

• TS3.jpg
    TS3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 243
  • TS2.jpg
    TS2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 239
  • TS1.jpg
    TS1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 257
  • TS4.jpg
    TS4.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 284
   / Let's see your snow removal equipment #278  
yes, I thought about a cab but most of my tractor use is for skidding logs/trees from my forest. The ground is uneven so I need as low centre of gravity as possible. That and I am on and off the tractor so much that a cab would get in my way.

/ Let's see your snow removal equipment #279  
OK, I know it's not snow season, but now's when many of us are working on components for next snow season.

Just got my moldboard powder coated. I sprayed the frame and misc. components myself.

Haven't yet gotten to the hydraulic angle setup. I need to decide what to do about a new cutting edge, as the old one is pretty worn. Maybe steel, maybe rubber, maybe plastic - the 2 latter edges would be nice on the new asphalt I'm having done this summer, but it looks like I'll be plowing dirt road and dirt drives again next season, so probably have to stick with a new steel edge.

Attachments

• 162_6250.jpg
    162_6250.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 162_6252.jpg
    162_6252.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 162_6253.jpg
    162_6253.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 162_6257.jpg
    162_6257.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 332
   / Let's see your snow removal equipment #280  
That's a great looking snow pusher you have! With all this hot and humid crap we are having, I miss winter more and more by the minute! I'd much rather be out shoveling snow than mowing grass in this stuff. :D