Let’s play a game

/ Let’s play a game #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
For today’s game of inflation costs how much? What did this cost?
15-40
Gear oil
0-20 for a Tacoma and oil filter
Two fuel filters
Oil filter
Bottle of Diesel kleen

8154F836-D611-4828-B34E-665043054BAE.jpeg

/ Let’s play a game #5  
For today’s game of inflation costs how much? What did this cost?
15-40
Gear oil
0-20 for a Tacoma and oil filter
Two fuel filters
Oil filter
Bottle of Diesel kleen

View attachment 750463
For a little bit more you could’ve had Amsoil Diesel oil delivered right to your door, and 6x more protection than standard, which is 12x the 50% Delo claims it does… Just saying 😉

/ Let’s play a game
For a little bit more you could’ve had Amsoil Diesel oil delivered right to your door, and 6x more protection than standard, which is 12x the 50% Delo claims it does… Just saying 😉
I know it doesn't take much to get their dealer pricing, I really need to look into that with the amount of lubricant I go through in a year. Off the top of my head I can't even count the number of engines I maintain but there's 4.5 diesel engines. It was from the local place I try to support, Dad Son and sister work the counter and they keep prices pretty well inline with the big boys or close enough it's cheaper to get stuff from them than it is to drive to town.

/ Let’s play a game #8  
I've always considered Amsoil one of those 'Botique' oils.. I'll stick with Rotella T6. it is hard to find but I lucked out when we were at Menards a few weeks ago. They had 4 cases on the rack, I bought them all. Normally my jobber (Schrader Oil) has it but he hasn't lately.

I don't buy into the extended drain intervals either. Dirty oil is dirty oil. If Amsoil was the holy grail of oil then why don't any of the engine manufacturers list it as even compatible. Never seen Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel or Vo Mack list it anywhere. same with any automotive manufacturer. In fact, no one does.

Oil and filters are still the cheapest insurance against engine failure no matter what brand you use.

Keep your air filter clean too. A dirty air filter wastes fuel.

Last edited:
   / Let’s play a game #9  
Well, extended drain oils are a worldwide routine anymore. Check out the European change intervals. Those same European vehicles here in North America have shorter intervals, unless using OEM lubes. Why? Because euro oils are made to tougher standards than common north american oils. And Mr. 3030 you’ve also extended your drains from what you did 20 years ago. Even if you’re not extending as long as what Amsoil recommends for some of their products…

/ Let’s play a game #10  
I've always considered Amsoil one of those 'Botique' oils.

Oil and filters are still the cheapest insurance against engine failure no matter what brand you use.
I'm with you, I never drank the Amsoil kool-aid. I'm not saying Amsoil is not good, I use their moly grease, but for the price of Amsoil oil, the performance isn't that much better given the fact that it would take many years and many thousands of hours of operation to see a slight difference in engine wear. In fact, I don't even know if it is really better, all the claims and specification standards that are thrown around, who really understands all that outside of folks that work in that field.

Seems Amsoil is pushed on the social media platforms primarily by individuals that sell Amsoil out of their garage. I see this constant oil debate on a few RAM ECODiesel forums I'm on pushing Amsoil for the GEN 3 ECODiesels. Amsoil doesn't meet the MS-12991 specification for the GEN 3 ECODiesesl. If Amsoil is that good, why, after 9 years, don't they publish the fact they meet the MS-12991 specification.

I've always followed the manufacturer's recommendations and maintenance schedules, after all, they are the ones that back the warranty. I've never had a powertrain or drive line failure in any of my vehicles or land management equipment.

Last edited: