Less RPM than when I got it

/ Less RPM than when I got it #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hi All

Just an observation I made recently. I believe when I got this L3710 2 1/2 yrs. ago I could take the engine up to around 2800 RPM. Now the max it will go to is 2500 according to the tach. The engine sounds perfect to me the same as it always has. It's got 470 hrs. on it, I've put about 100 on myself.

My guess is that the throttle needs adjusted because it seems to be bottoming out mechanically. This is just a guess, I haven't even opened the hood yet.

I don't plan on messing with it right now and probably won't unless I lose more RPM. I never ran it over 2500 and usually run around 2000 unless I'm in really heavy grass with the 6ft rotary cutter.

Any insights into this?
Kevin

/ Less RPM than when I got it #2  
Sounds to me like there's a good chance you know what the problem is, and if it's anything like my B2710, the linkage is easy to adjust.

/ Less RPM than when I got it #3  
You could also confirm the tractor tach with a hand-held tach. I have both a mechanical hand-held that runs off the crank pulley bolt, and an optical one using a reflective tape to read rpms. This will tell you how accurate your factory one is.