Loader Left side of loader not lifting

/ Left side of loader not lifting #11  
This could be overkill info. but when you are going to bring the loader down, make sure that the cylinders goes all the way in. It will probably lift the front end of the ground, that ok.:thumbsup:

/ Left side of loader not lifting
Thanks Kim, I'll do that today when I go out.

Roy, I'm using my father in-law's tractor, kind of barrow with option to buy when he gets around to saling it. It's had this problem for at least the last couple of yrears. He doesn't use the tractor much and I'm sure he doesn't use the loader much at all, so I don't believe a big lifting job wouldn't have been on the menu as a cause for this problem.

I do have another question; how hard is it to install brakes on this beast, their marginal at best and I live on a hill.

Henri, not overkill at all, every little bit helps, I'm learning something everyday. Thank you

Thumper

/ Left side of loader not lifting #13  
I had a similar problem when my tractor was fairly new. I took it back to the dealer and they rebuilt the cylinder. No improvement.
Finally they reseated the connectors from the tractor to the loader hoses and fixed the problem.
One of the connectors had become unseated and wasn't immediately obvious. Hope this helps.

/ Left side of loader not lifting
I ran the loader all the way up and down a few times, it seemed to help a bit but the left side is still lazy, I'll try swapping cylinders tomorrow to see what happens.

/ Left side of loader not lifting #15  
I do have another question; how hard is it to install brakes on this beast, their marginal at best and I live on a hill.

Thumper

Brakes are wet brakes and I'd be surprised if they were "worn out". What is the history of the tractor regards the brakes?
But should have good brakes, wherever.

/ Left side of loader not lifting #16  
I ran the loader all the way up and down a few times, it seemed to help a bit but the left side is still lazy, I'll try swapping cylinders tomorrow to see what happens.

Did you hold it against the relief? You need to be sure you have all the air pushed out. You thought it seemed to help and if that is true I think you may still have air in it. Cycle it up and down a few more times and be sure to hold it against the relief valve a few seconds at the end of the stroke, and be sure you stroke it clear to the ends of the cylinder stroke both up and down, and was said, it will probably lift the front of the tractor. Unless you have some kind of restriction in a line or an internal leak in the cylinder, I can't see how one side can be lazy.
Is the loader twisted (sprung) and making it look like the left side is lazy? Park it on a good level surface and just raise the loader until it is off the ground and then measure from the loader to the ground and compare side to side. They should be the same. You need to have the air pressure in the tires (rears) the same and the tires need to be a matched set for this to be an accurate test.

Kim