Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #1  

BizDoc

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I've always taken my MMM off in late fall prior to putting on front blade for plowing. The 72 inch deck is a monster to move around and store. So I was thinking of just pinning it up and leaving it on for the winter while plowing. Has anyone else done that? I not sure what harm it can do?

Michael

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #2  
Would the lack of ground clearance be a problem when moving snow?

Would the mower width be wider than snow removal equipment?

Above are two possible problems I can think of.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #3  
Give it a shot and see! Worst case is that you could high center the tractor on the mower if you drive over unplowed snow.
A side benefit would be the extra 200 lbs of weight for traction.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #4  
Give it a shot and see! Worst case is that you could high center the tractor on the mower if you drive over unplowed snow.
Just turn the mower on and blow the snow out....lol

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing.
Would the lack of ground clearance be a problem when moving snow?

Would the mower width be wider than snow removal equipment?

Above are two possible problems I can think of.
Two great questions. Ground clearance shouldn't be a problem since the plow is in front and clears the way for the mower deck. The plow is same width as mower deck, but I can see that being a small issue when the blade is swiveled right or left, that could drag some snow if it gets high enough, but that just means one or two more easy passes. The deck isn't on for me to measure the height but I think there's 3 to 4 inches of clearance with the deck locked up. At first I was concerned about the deck getting snow all over it in the winter, but then remembered seeing dealers with all their attachments, and tractors covered in snow, so I presume that's no issue.

Thank you

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing.
Good point actually, I have a long deceiving slope on the driveway. The extra weight could help those R7's stop spinning.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #8  
I think I would take the diffuser off for more maneuvering room.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #9  
I've plowed snow with the MMM on. It does fine. That was on a small subcompact. I used a 6' blade and my deck was 5'.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #10  
First time I tried that, I got hung up on the mower. Never, ever, ever again. Always come off.