Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix?

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix?
Why can't I find a parts/assembly diagram like this for Chief hydraulic valves? See the first 20 seconds of this video: YouTube

I wrote Bailey's and all they had was a dimensional diagram, that showed nothing of the internal parts. I can find no technical drawings or parts list on their web site. I google Chief valves but I can't find the manufacturer.

This is the valve I'm looking for: CHIEF G Series: 1 GPM, SAE 1 Inlet/Outlet, 3 Spool, 3625 PSI, 15-3625 PSI Relief Setting, SAE 8 Work Ports, 22959

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix? #22  
Looks like those valves are just rebranded valves from Badestnost, a very well known manufacturer used widely here in Europe.

Specifically their P40 valves.

EDIT: It does say P40 on the description of the Chief valve.

Ok, I contacted Badestnost and asked for a parts list and disassembly diagram (in English). We'll see what they send me.

Thanks,

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix? #24  
Once you find the right O ring dimensions I would just buy a whole kit that size. I did this about 2 yrs ago and bought a kit for about $16 with around 100 O rings. I cant tell you how many times I go hunting for an O ring now and find it in my kit.

However there can be some oddball hydraulic O rings. I wouldnt buy a kit for them.

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix? #25  
Ok, I contacted Badestnost and asked for a parts list and disassembly diagram (in English). We'll see what they send me.

Thanks,

One thing I remembered, is that since it's possible that it's a Badestnost valve, the O-rings will most likely be Metric. I think that can be part of the reason why you can't find the right ones.

I believe I had downloaded some literature from Badestnost since I have lots of valves from them and it's a good thing to have. I'll search for those later on.

Thanks guys: I'm gonna need it!!!

Got it hot today, working on my one mile gravel road. It's still leaking, albeit not quite as fast. :(

But drip......drip....drip......drip. :(

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix? #27  
I'm still very suspicious that you have a internal crack on the valve body. It's would be hard to see, even with the valve all taken apart but that would be my guess.

The O-rings are meant to seal the slightest film of oil that can get past the spool and to prevent from outside contaminants to get in.

I thought I had a more detailed brochure for these valves but all I have is this: http://hydraulic-vlv.com/files/mf/products/12_file.pdf

Do you have a hydraulic shop nearby? Maybe they could test the valve for you.

There is a cylinder repair/rebuild shop nearby. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they are able to repair/rebuild 3 spool Bulgarian valves.

Thanks!

ETA: I pulled that same .pdf off the Bad site yesterday. Page 5/8 has some internal drawings, but not parts list. Thanks,

/ Leaking Chief/Bailey's 3 spool valve - how hard to fix? #29  
Keep us updated. I can't remember anything else to help you figure this out.

I've been thinking about this most of the day and I've suggested everything I know by looking at it from 4000 miles away. :D

Keep us updated. I can't remember anything else to help you figure this out.

I've been thinking about this most of the day and I've suggested everything I know by looking at it from 4000 miles away. :D

Thanks, I appreciate the help very much. I'm beginning to think it's time to cut my loss:

Order this same valve from Bailey's or order something else from someone else?