Leak between motor and transmission

/ Leak between motor and transmission #1  

damon73

Tractor
farmtrac 555 dtc
I am not sure what is leaking, it doesn't seem like it's motor oil or tranny oil. Can anyone tell me what it is from and if I can just tighten the bolts on the top and it should be fine. It doesn't leak a lot right now and never leaked there before. Btw it is a farmtrac 555dtc

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_151457.jpg
    IMG_20220515_151457.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
   / Leak between motor and transmission #2  
I believe you will need to dig a little deeper to find that leak. It may be coming from your power steering valve or supply lines.

Could also be fuel from fuel tank? Not sure where the tank is on your tractor.

/ Leak between motor and transmission #3  
I am not sure what is leaking, it doesn't seem like it's motor oil or tranny oil. Can anyone tell me what it is from and if I can just tighten the bolts on the top and it should be fine. It doesn't leak a lot right now and never leaked there before. Btw it is a farmtrac 555dtc
Looks like the plate on top of that area could be leaking. Try tightening the bolts that hol it down.
Swipe some of the spill on your fingers and give it a whiff. See if it’s oil or diesel fuel. Could simply be a loose fitting. Check/tighten all fittings above, then clean that area. Run tractor and see if leak reappears.

/ Leak between motor and transmission
It is leaking from the plate, it's not coming from the fuel tank. I smelled it and it's definitely oil but doesn't smell or look like the transmission fluid, it's black so i was thinking motor oil but it is darker than the motor oil and i don't believe motor oil is supposed to be there. I'm just worried oil is getting somewhere it's not supposed to or there's an oil that i don't know of that would be low/old that needs changing.
Also as far as power steering, i don't think it's that since the tank and pump are in front of the motor and it's not black either.