Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn
Welp, decision made. Decided that stability on our hills was the most critical aspect, so went with the Cub Cadet ZTXS4 w/ 54" deck. ZT3100 transaxles, 10 gauge deck, 24hp kohler 7000-pro. 22x12-12 wheels. Gets delivered tomorrow.

A big thank you to @2manyrocks for tracking down a dealer in the area with one in stock to check out.

Now I just need to fabricate something to extend the gas pedal so my g/f can drive it comfortably....

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #122  
Welp, decision made. Decided that stability on our hills was the most critical aspect, so went with the Cub Cadet ZTXS4 w/ 54" deck. ZT3100 transaxles, 10 gauge deck, 24hp kohler 7000-pro. 22x12-12 wheels. Gets delivered tomorrow.

A big thank you to @2manyrocks for tracking down a dealer in the area with one in stock to check out.

Now I just need to fabricate something to extend the gas pedal so my g/f can drive it comfortably...
How about a pair of these?

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #123  
Always good to buy women shoes. At least if you get the ones she wants.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #124  
I can't really speak to the quality personally except to say at least Cub is putting Kohler and Kawasaki engines on them, and their price point looks competitive.
Both brands have price point engines. Which Kohler and Kawasaki?

Both brands have price point engines. Which Kohler and Kawasaki?

you can see my post above for the Cub model I just bought. Kohler KT-Pro 7000, which appears to be pretty common in the "lower-tier" commercial/prosumer models. They use the Kawasaki FR and FX series motors as well, depending on the model

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #127  
How much further does the pedal need to be extended? The OEM pedal is perforated for slip resistance so you could insert a couple of bolts through the perforations to bolt on an extension. For example maybe a section of 2x3 tubing could be bolted to the face of the pedal. You could crosshatch the face of the tubing to make it more slip resistant.

How much further does the pedal need to be extended? The OEM pedal is perforated for slip resistance so you could insert a couple of bolts through the perforations to bolt on an extension. For example maybe a section of 2x3 tubing could be bolted to the face of the pedal. You could crosshatch the face of the tubing to make it more slip resistant.

The problem with that is it's a 'permanent' modification..will make it harder for me to drive/use, which is why I'm thinking about a slide/slip-on modification. I agree, though -- the holes in the pedal are asking for some bolts.

I'm thinking I need to add 2-3 inches.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #129  
I would give her a slip on modification for her shoe. Much easier and adjustable.

/ Lawn Tractor vs Zero Turn #130  
Wouldn't be good if the extension slipped off mid-hillside. If you were to tap or weld a nut to the inside of the tubing, it could be easily unbolted when you want to mow. Then you aren't fiddling trying to loosen or install the nuts. or weld the threaded end to the tube and put the nut on the back of the pedal, whichever makes it easier.