last day of class - welding project

/ last day of class - welding project #11  
Excuse #1 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Excuse #2 /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Excuse #3 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Excuse #4 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ last day of class - welding project #12  
<font color="red"> What is the cobbled up area in the picture where all 5 pieces meet. </font>

Don,
That looks like the same gum I chew when I'm welding too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Steve

/ last day of class - welding project #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Excuse # 4 - It is suppose to have the cobbled look, it sells better at the antique auctions. )</font>

If it doesn't sell as an antique, you might have good luck selling the rare Knot Headed Catfish you now have stocked in your pond. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great project Don. Looks good.

/ last day of class - welding project #14  
Mike,

Congratulations on your lost lure harvesting machine! Which reminds me of a true story...

A guy I used to work with, Lee, went fishing in Canada at a lake that was about 14 miles long. There was a fish camp at each end and Indian guides were available. Well, Lee was first suspicious when he noticed that his guide always took him to the opposite end of the lake and they always met a guided group from the opposite camp heading for his end. Lee figured that the guides were making money on the gas and its easier for the guide to spend his time mindlessly running the boat than actually fishing. But he keep quiet about it. At one point, Lee lost his favorite lure on a snag and apparantly, it was obvious to the guide that Lee was pretty bummed about it. As the week or two went on, Lee and the guide got along pretty well. At the end of the week, Lee's guide sheepishly handed Lee the favorite lure Lee had lost earlier in the week. He admitted that the guides had a set of mattress springs tethered in the lake and they routinely trolled their clients over the springs. Later, they would go back and pull up the springs to harvest the lures. Next best thing to eating stolen watermellon!

Sorry for the distraction but you never know what you'll haul up with one of those.

John