Laser rust removal

/ Laser rust removal #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
All I can say is wow... We did a job at a very high end facility this past week. They had a new toy.. A giant laser paint / rust laser removal system... Holly crap was this tool incredible. Anyone here have one...because I want one now.

/ Laser rust removal #2  
I wish..those things are amazing.. but when they pretty much cost like 3 100hp tractors... hard to justify..

/ Laser rust removal #3  
Thats one of those things you hope a buddy gets and he can zap your stuff!

/ Laser rust removal #5  
Maybe they offer free financing?????
LOL

/ Laser rust removal #6  
Just for giggles I priced a 1000 watt unit.

50 grand. :eek:

Not in my budget!
That's really cheap, I found a couple links and for 53 grand they price out 50w systems.. found a link to a 100w system for 195k.. a 1000w system will be twice that easily...

/ Laser rust removal #7  
Pics and links? This seems to be something I have never heard of.

/ Laser rust removal
That's really cheap, I found a couple links and for 53 grand they price out 50w systems.. found a link to a 100w system for 195k.. a 1000w system will be twice that easily...

The one I saw was over 1mill. They had a entire hanger restored and dedicated to this one laser.

/ Laser rust removal #9  
All I can say is wow... We did a job at a very high end facility this past week. They had a new toy.. A giant laser paint / rust laser removal system... Holly crap was this tool incredible. Anyone here have one HANTENCNC...because I want one now.
Hi, Wanting to know the best way to clean stainless steel which has signs of surface rust? Nothing bad... just tea staining. But what does everyone do to clean it off and make it look bright and new? And what is everyone using to prevent it?? Any solutions?

/ Laser rust removal #10  
best way to clean stainless steel which has signs of surface rust?
I've heard the worst thing you can do is use steel wool, because it disrupts the chromium oxide layer that stainless forms, and it will never stop rusting. So, you could try a lot of other stuff, just don't do that.