Rake Landscape Rakes

/ Landscape Rakes #1  

MajMac392

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7234, John Deere X300 Riding Lawn Mower
I’m in the process of buying a landscape rake and can’t believe the difference in prices. I rented a 6’ Woods with a blade on it and determined with the number of trees I have that a 5’ rake will make a lot more sense maneuvering around trees. I’ve looked at both 5 and 6’ because not all brands come in the 5’ size. One dealer wanted $900 for a Woods 6’ LR72 with wheels while 2-3 others were in the $650 - 700 range. Land Pride which seems to be about the same quality $825 - 850 range from local JD dealers. I did find one for $700 for the LR1560 which seems reasonable compared to the others but still seems like a lot of money for 300 pounds of spring steel and wheels. BEFCO, Canco, and Bush Hog all were in the $650 range. The cheapest seemed to be the Worksaver 5’ model but it is quite a bit lighter than the others as well. I’ve read the other posts but has anybody found any reasonable deals lately? I’m in Southern Maine.

Thanks fellow tractor buffs.

/ Landscape Rakes #2  
I bought a Kodiac 5' rake in New Hampshire. The dealer is out of business now though. Was around $450 4 years ago. If your property is not relatively level, you will find caster wheels to be alot of help. Unfortunately, they were about $300 3 years ago. There is a place on rt 302 in Raymond that sells rakes. I don't know what kind they are (they are red), but they would probably be OK for occasional use around your house. Good luck.

/ Landscape Rakes #3  
Just a couple of months ago I bought a Used Landpride LR1572 from my New Holland dealer, it was from their rental fleet.
I paid $400 for the Used rake and then bought a pair of new guage wheels for it, from my local JD dealer, the wheels were $240.
All said and done, I have $640 into a Used, but in great shape, Rake. Considering the prices I was been finding for new ones, I felt that the used one was an excellant deal.
I would think that if the ones your finding, for $650 to $700, include the guage wheels, then it is a fair price on a new rake.

/ Landscape Rakes #5  
I've got a 6 ft Worksaver rake, and I use it quite a lot. It is light, but it seems to be sturdy, and I've never had a problem with it. I've had it for a year. Unless you are going to use it for something extremely heavy, I highly reccomend the Worksaver.

/ Landscape Rakes #6  
I just bought a King Kutter with guage wheels for about $480. Fit and finish does not compare to the major brands but seems to be well built.

/ Landscape Rakes #7  
I live in Southern Maine and the prices you quoted are about what I have found,also. I have been looking for used rakes, but they seem scarcer than hens teeth. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Landscape Rakes #8  
I bought a worksaver 6 ft rake its a url style it was $ 400.
and $86. too ship it to my house I'm in so. N.H. bought it from Agway dealer it's Dodge Grain in salem N.H. It works great and is heavy duty no guide wheels yet .let me know if you need more info
Edt

/ Landscape Rakes #9  
If your looking for a good deal on a landscape rake try Meadowbrook Equipment, Eddington Maine. (207) 843-5079
I bought a 5' Howse rake from him and am quite satified with the quality, price $260.00. (six foot rakes are 295.00)
I am also from Maine I would highly recommend you get the optional wheel kit ($130.00+/-) which makes road grading an easy chore.

/ Landscape Rakes
Hi guys thanks for the info on the rakes. I guess I'm just a cheap guy looking for a good deal. Thanks to 12ashman for the info from Eddington and also from edt in New Hampster. I am going to check the local Agway to see if they would order or carry rakes, I didn't think to check with them. $400 for the URL Worksaver is a real good price, a dealer in Poland, ME wanted about $800 for the URL rake w/wheels and it was real heavy. RichZ's comments on how good the Worksaver is were good because I thought it was considered an inexpensive/chincy rake. To Rich, the guy on Rt 302 in Raymond, ME, (where I live) is Grant's Trailer Sales/Barber Shop. His rakes were in the $700+ range and they are imported, he wasn't sure from where, IMC brand maybe, all red?? deh it doesn't say where you are located, where did you buy the KK rake? Thanks again all. I may just read the "Uncle Henry's" for just a while longer before I buy knew.

See ya.