Landscape Rake for branches?

/ Landscape Rake for branches? #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Does anyone have a landscape rake with the wheel attachments they use to clean larger branches from high winds on a manicured lawn? I have willow trees all around my property and they leave branches everywhere after a high wind. We get four or five occasions a season of branches all over. I was thinking of a Howse, 5' landscape rake with those wheels you can attach. Will I end up ripping up my lawn and are these better suited for fields, sandy beaches - et al? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Landscape Rake for branches? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anyone have a landscape rake with the wheel attachments they use to clean larger branches from high winds on a manicured lawn? )</font>

I have a Woods estate series rake with guide wheels (LRC-60) that I have used for this purpose BUT....

I'm lazy and don't feel like raking by hand /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

My lawn isn't exactly "manicured" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It works good enough for my purposes but not great

And it will leave scrapes in the lawn (in my case I don't care that much)

I even use it for leaf removal. It gets the deep stuff and the rest I'll just chop up with the mower.

Like I said... I'm lazy and hate to rake! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Landscape Rake for branches? #3  
Like Bob B. I also tried a Woods Estate series rake on the willow branches on my old property. Borrowed it from a friend. It didn't work very well and it did chew up the lawn pretty good. My property wasn't very level so that may have attributed to the rake scraping it up. I personally wouldn't buy the rake for this purpose, but thats me. I invested in a good chainsaw and a chipper and turned all six of my willows into mulch. As beautiful as they are. I couldn't take the mess anymore....and like Bob B. I'm lazy and don't like to hand rake anything.

Jeff

/ Landscape Rake for branches? #4  
I have a landscape rake with gauge wheels I use to grade a gravel drive. If I get off the edge of the lane it quickly tears a chunck of sod out. I would never run it over a manicured lawn. The teeth are very stiff and would dig right in unless maybe it was perfectly flat.

/ Landscape Rake for branches? #5  
I use a Land Pride Landscape Rake 60" with gauge wheels and it works very well with Willow tree limbs/branches. If you are careful to adjust the wheels to a proper height, you will not damage the turf unless you have uneven surface conditions. This has saved me alot of work with 9 large Willow trees on the acreage.