Landini Trekker 60F

/ Landini Trekker 60F
I hope you have great success getting this in running condition. I don't understand why people treat machinery like this one has been treated.
The machine had number tags on it that weren't from the auction, so potentially a farm large enough to have several employees. Or perhaps government owned. No name visible.

Oil is absolutely pristine, clear, new, although it isn't clear that the oil filter was changed.

Very few hours since fuel filter was changed a few years ago.

Hood is damaged slightly, with no sides, but sides can be removed when working on a tractor.

My guess is they couldn't get it started, and decided to scavenge a few parts and dump it at auction.

Either that, or they were blindly replacing parts, and kept all the new parts that didn't fix their primary electrical problems.

The PTO came from a different auction. Likely over-torqued or dead stop to implement them set aside for years as unusable, but too good to throw away. Picked up and thrown into an estate auction. It will be a simple repair for my needs.

/ Landini Trekker 60F
Ok, I got the Landini out mowing a couple of days ago.

old-flail-landini-1-jpg.865363

I'll try to get an action photo shortly.

I'm still working on it. As soon as I put the mower on. Then 5 feet of mowing and the PTO stub fell off. Apparently someone had it shoved in and left off a vital internal C-clip holding it in place.

I did have a problem that the thing refused to steer at greater than about a 15° or 20° slope. I'm anticipating the hydraulic fluid is a bit low.

It is pretty obvious the plastic grill wasn't designed for real work. So I may try to build a whole new grill and hood this summer.