LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
Has anyone used a Steiner or Ventrac with the three point hitch to pull a land plane or a disc harrow? I have a gravel driveway that needs leveling and would like to harrow up some land to plant a deer plot.

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #2  
I'd say a Ventrac can pull a decent sized (4'?) plane or disc harrow.... I test drove the power rake and I liked that until you get to the price....

Mark

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #3  
Not well suited for serious soil or gravel engaging work unless you use the power rake. Since the tractor is built low to the ground for stability, the hitch points on standard 3-point hitch implements like blades or disks are too high so that when lifting the implement there is little ground clearance.

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW
Thanks Jack, is the ground clearance issue a problem for loading equipment on a trailer or is it a problem transporting equipment across a field? Also, aside from the clearance issue, is the tractor strong enough to pull it to do the job?

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #5  
I would think you could do 4' of either. You might also consider a pull type road drag or an older pull type (horse drawn) 4' - 6' single disc.

Here is a video of a road drag I built. You would want to make it a bit smaller

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #6  
Both transport and loading could be problematic. A hydraulic cylinder top lift link would almost be mandatory. The simple land plane shown by the previous poster would work for your driveway.

Here is a guy in OHIO using a small disk on a Steiner tractor which is similar to Ventrac. You can make your own judgment about how effective it is.

Steiner 43 With 3 Point Hitch And Brinly Tandem Disc - YouTube

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #7  
Another option for the food plot would be to pick up an old section of a spring tooth (they run between 3' - 6' wide). They do better in the sod, roots, trash ...

/ LAND PLANE OR DISC HARROW #8  
Or this ...