Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
As most CK owners know, a significant number (?20%) of KL120/130 loaders have developed cracks around the corners of the torque tube inspection plate. These can only be identified by removing the inspection plate. After Highbeam first reported the problem on TBN in Feb 2006 a number (about 15) of CK owners have reported cracks in their loaders. Early last summer Kioti issued a single fax to dealers acknowledging the problem and promising a repair program. There has been no subsequent communication from Kioti to dealers to my knowledge at least through mid December.

In another post I have documented my frustration in trying to get answers directly from Kioti regarding the repair program. I have been singularly unsuccessful in getting them to even acknowledge receipt of phone calls/voice mail or on line messages through their website. I have submitted the following message today via their website "if you have a comment or complaint please check here" function:

My complaint is in regard to Kioti's refusal to answer simple questions regarding repair of a KL120 which developed cracks surrounding the torque tube inspection plate while under warranty. The cracks were first noted at 75hrs of tractor time which was the first time I took off the inspection plate to check. The problem was reported to my dealer last Spring while the KL120 was still under warranty. My dealer has heard nothing from Kioti regarding a promised repair program since a single fax in early summer. My dealer has repeatedly asked the regional rep for updates and has received none. In late September I spoke with a customer service representative at Kioti and was told there would be a repair program announced within two months. That date passed without any communication from Kioti about the planned repair program. Since then I have personally made three unreturned phone calls to Kioti customer service in November and sent in a question via your website in early December which was neither answered nor acknowledged.

I respectfully request that you provide me with an update on plans to repair my loader as the cracks are getting larger (recall that the fax from Kioti this summer advised that we could continue to use the loaders while awaiting a repair). My dealer is supportive but as noted has no more information than I have received.

I have enjoyed my tractor and believe it is fundamentally a quality product but I am finding the lack of communication from Kioti frustrating, unprofessional and discourteous. I would remind you to look at your own website where Kioti states that “we listen to our customers” and that “Kioti knows its success will always depend on ….1) putting our customers first”. Those are good mottos and it is time Kioti lived up to them.

Please give me an update on when I might be able to have this warranty work done or at least an update on the status of the promised repair program.

Thank you

Attachments

• KL120 loader crack 75hrs 4-13-2006.jpg
    KL120 loader crack 75hrs 4-13-2006.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 366
   / Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #2  
Stay after them, Ed! I still don't have cracks (110 hrs), but I'm keeping a close eye on both my loader and as to what Kioti is going to do.

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #3  
I can understand your frustrations and sympathize with you. When something breaks under warrany you want it fixed in a timely manner, plain and simple.

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #4  
Island Tractor, If your message doesn't get their attention, perhaps if you send one them one with this link and put them on notice of their violation they might consider getting back to you sooner. http://www.cpsc.gov/businfo/smbusq.html This is more than a friendly reminder that they should show courtesy to their customers, it is a not so friendly reminder that they have an obligation under the law to report themselves :eek: and to start making repairs. I for one, who also have the cracks, have now gone beyond impatience and I am ready to join with others in filing complaints about the loaders outside of the Kioti organization. :mad:

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #5  
To all.....
You should be receiving these shortly.
SCAN0010.JPG

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #6  
So I need to pay to have my tractor transported to a dealer to have a warrantied item fixed... :mad:

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #7  
Dmace said:
So I need to pay to have my tractor transported to a dealer to have a warrantied item fixed... :mad:
Thats ridiculous. Unacceptable. What's wrong with these ********?

Making a sucker outta their customers is generally not good for business.

SO irritating.

I came within 1700 pounds of getting a CK30 ... love that machine .. but I would be way pissed. And as usual, they assume that noone has ever bought a Kioti in the used market or bought a new one and moved to a different region.

grrrrrrr

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #8  
Thanks Rick for sharing that information.

Most warranty problems require you to take the machine back to the dealer unless you had some type of agreement with them at time of purchase. My dealer would haul if it was a major repair such as engine, trans, or axles. Otherwise, it's up to me to get it there or he would haul for a reasonable price. He also would get the part and explain how to fix or install it. I liked that option because I learned about the tractor but not everyone is mechanically inclined.

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #9  
DAP said:
Thats ridiculous. Unacceptable. What's wrong with these numbnuts?

Making a sucker outta their customers is generally not good for business.

SO irritating.

I came within 1700 pounds of getting a CK30 ... love that machine .. but I would be way pissed. And as usual, they assume that noone has ever bought a Kioti in the used market or bought a new one and moved to a different region.

grrrrrrr

Dap
Why would you post something like this when you don't even own a Kioti..
And just so you know unless a dealer made a agreement with you at the time of purchase EVERY COLOR AND BRAND that I am aware of doesn't cover pickup and delivery.

/ Lack of response from Kioti on loader repair program #10  
Thanks for the information Wallace.
One question I have, do you think that I could just bring my loader back for service without the tractor? This I could do with my small trailer and car for next to nothing.
Bruce