L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw)

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
I have felt the L4760 was a bit more stout and compact than my old TC45DA... and yesterday痴 adventure in the field proved me correct.
The weight of the tractor and the FEL plus the slightly smaller tires equates to sometimes the equivalent of driving around in pizza cutters.
Had I not had the FEL on - I would have been figuring out a winch solution!
Front wheels suddenly cut down to axel... Stopped. Stepped on rear diff lock. Started and instantly was sitting on the frame!
FEL got me out but it's clear to me this tractor likes to dig in!
4EB87796-73C2-4B09-80B4-A9668F8A7B95.jpegDF78C9AD-2FBD-409D-B67A-328468FCB406.jpeg

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #2  
I've had that happen with my BX. 90% of the time I can get out with the FEL. The other 10% is using my hand winch...

It makes it look like you used your tractor.

Time to wash it off... :)

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #3  
I have felt the L4760 was a bit more stout and compact than my old TC45DA... and yesterdayç—´ adventure in the field proved me correct.
The weight of the tractor and the FEL plus the slightly smaller tires equates to sometimes the equivalent of driving around in pizza cutters.
Had I not had the FEL on - I would have been figuring out a winch solution!
Front wheels suddenly cut down to axel... Stopped. Stepped on rear diff lock. Started and instantly was sitting on the frame!
FEL got me out but it's clear to me this tractor likes to dig in!
View attachment 551494View attachment 551495

Thanks for the warning. I have a spot just like that where it won’t drain in our bottom field. My previous NH WM55 would walk right through it after sinking a few inches.

It looks like you have the ag tires is that correct? I have the industrial tires and they definitely are poor traction in mud. I haven’t been able to fix any drainage around the barn because the tractor sinks and just spins. Waiting for it to dry up.

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #4  
Fiskpik,

Nice to see you back, you had promised periodic updates but then nothing? Other than getting stuck, what other operating conditions have you experienced w/ the new 60 series? What about regeneration?

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #5  
Well at least your L4060 wasn't upside down in real life like it is in the thumbnails. :D

/ L4760 vs mud (calling it a draw) #7  
So......you didn't know that it was a tad too wet to be out and about. Didn't take long to find out. Any time you can get "out" without doing damage is a good day.

This is a anxious time of year in our area also - grass is up past your ankles and the mud will go up past your knees. Just try - you'll see.