L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #1  

bhlack

Tractor
Kubota L4310
Lights come one but it doesn't turn over.
Battery is fully charged.
New positive cable installed on battery and starter with the extra wire on the end that slides over the starter bolt.
There's another thin wire that has a plastic type plug but not sure if that just dangles or should be connected to something.
Any suggestions before I call the service people to come pick this monster up? Many thanks in advance.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #2  
how old is the battery? a battery can show "fully charge" but not have enough amps to turn over the engine. I had a mower that the battery was charged but would not turn over engine - new battery was the answer. maybe more details about the age of your tractor and hours would help other to answer

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #3  
Lights come one but it doesn't turn over.
Battery is fully charged.
New positive cable installed on battery and starter with the extra wire on the end that slides over the starter bolt.
There's another thin wire that has a plastic type plug but not sure if that just dangles or should be connected to something.
Any suggestions before I call the service people to come pick this monster up? Many thanks in advance.
Is the tractor in neutral? Is the PTO disengaged?

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #4  
Use voltmeter to see if voltage drops while attempting to start

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #7  
As mentioned, safety switches would be the first thing to check. Also the clutch switch seems to be a common problem -- it can loosen over time and the pedal doesn't engage it adequately to close the circuit. Find that one and jump it to check or put a meter on it.

Good luck.

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of #8  
You didn't check the ground cable??

willy

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of
I very much appreciate all these suggestions.
Neg cable is on correctly and grounded.
Tractor is in neutral and PTO is disengaged.
The red "xtra" wire that included on the alternator cable is attached to the starter bolt along with the positive cable.
NOTE: there is a second "xtra" wire with a plug on the end of it also attached to the alternator cable. Should this connect to something?

/ L4310 won't start - tried everything I can think of
See photo. Fuse is good. Does the black wire with the small plug need to be connected to anything?