Buying Advice L4060 or L4760 - doing it!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #21  
Through some small miracle of miracles - my dealer was JUST called this afternoon (I'm EST) by the factory - and there is now a serial number for my L4760...

I'm a lock for the financing deals this quarter - it's a go - mid to late-January delivery!!!!

I just got a new Kubota 4760 + FEL + front blower for the new year!

Whoo hoo!!!

Glad it’s all working out for you! Congrats and Happy New Year, that is cause for a celebration!!!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #22  
Curious, which front snowblower and attachment system (manual or automatic) did you buy? Did you also get the optional ground pressure relief system they recommend? Still trying to understand why the GPR is needed and how it works on the new L44xx series blowers. Stopped by the dealer to ask last year and they claimed to have not sold any GL60's with the new front mount blower due to cost over the previous design (L2195/L2185 blowers).

Congrats on the new tractor!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it!
@moship - attached is the order... You clearly know more about the options than I do :)
order.jpg

So - I can tell you although this is a long term purchase - it's like any big purchase (at least for me) - sooner or later you have to stop adding the options on because the price gets INSANE...

Originally I was thinking a L4060.. but given I'm trading in a TC45DA, I started to get worried about summer mowing thick wet grass and having the AC on and thinking "40HP is less than 45 and the AC is a drag and why didn't I go bigger" - so...

I opted for the 47 for 2 reasons... no replacement for displacement (raw HP) and the much bigger / better loader folks talked about on this thread.

SO - because I "spent my money" on HP (a factory only option) that left me with less to spend on dealer added parts like lights and hyrdo-function valve and the like...

I'm NOT adding the GPR valve - the dealer pretty much said (without saying) that's a waste. I thought about the auto attach - but it's like $1K for something that will make my life easier 2 times a year... so - that seemed stupid.

I am adding defroster windows, considering rear work lights and rear wiper - but not sure.

This tractor is only happening because my wife told me she is sick of me not clearing the driveway with the TC45 (rear blower - neck falls off) - so this is gonna be the tractor I live with for the next 20 years. I'd love to put more "stuff" on it but - it's only money... and it's also finite.

After thinking on it for a while - I AM seeing about adding a hydro top link because I think adjusting a 3pt implement from inside the cab will be a pain in the rear...

If you or anyone else has thoughts on what I should / must add that's missing - don't be shy!

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #24  
Thanks for supplying the snowblower info. They are becoming a very expensive option, but a front blower is so much nicer than rear.

FYI...
The rear window and corner window defogger kit is available from wholegoods and can be added later. If I understand correctly it is new glass with the heating element. L8340 is for the rear and L8381 is for the corner windows. Cost is $281 and $307 based on the pricelist from 2014 that I have. If I understand the kit correctly it comes with new glass and the switches. The wiring is already installed in the cab. It might be some labor to change out the glass, but you would have spare glass in the event it become damaged.

Might also consider the heavy duty bucket and wear edge. I have it on my L4740 and impress (strength wise) with it compare to the standard bucket.

The auto hitch snowblower option is $7,000 over the price of the Manual hitch when you also factor in the completion kit.

Might consider rear wiper L8354 ($131) to clear the rear glass.

Not certain where you live, but a block heater might be nice to have.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #25  
FYI...
The rear window and corner window defogger kit is available from wholegoods and can be added later. If I understand correctly it is new glass with the heating element. L8340 is for the rear and L8381 is for the corner windows. Cost is $281 and $307 based on the pricelist from 2014 that I have. If I understand the kit correctly it comes with new glass and the switches. The wiring is already installed in the cab. It might be some labor to change out the glass, but you would have spare glass in the event it become damaged.

Might consider rear wiper L8354 ($131) to clear the rear glass.

Not certain where you live, but a block heater might be nice to have.

The rear defroster is a whole new window with the heat strips in it. I believe you are suppose to spec the high capacity alternator if you spec the defroster. I didn't get my origional window when I got my tractor & speced the rear defroster, others might have other experiences.

I didn't get the side defrosters so can't say for sure on them. I was under the impression they were blown air modules rather than more heat strips though.

I got a block heater with mine, but have to use it. But I have yet to use my new SSQA snow plow last winter or this winter either. Fired it up a few times in the high teens or low 20s & it took longer to fire up. Maybe double the cranking time, but we were still talking under 10 seconds. Would have plugged it in if I'd had more warning on needing to fire it up.

I have SmartThings & keep thinking about putting in a remote controlled outlet over the tractor. Have a short extension cord hanging to power the block heater & maybe a trickle charger. Kick the outlet on from the house an hour or so before going out to plow. Heck maybe put a small space heater in the cab on the same circuit so it's toasty warm when I get there too.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #26  
"The rear defroster is a whole new window with the heat strips in it. I believe you are suppose to spec the high capacity alternator if you spec the defroster. I didn't get my origional window when I got my tractor & speced the rear defroster, others might have other experiences."

Didn't see a high amp alternator available for the L60's, nor did the defoggers have a footnote suggesting it was necessary. Other models (B's and M's) make it well known a higher amp alternator is needed when getting the defogger. Either it is part of the kit or there is a footnote indicating the need.

You'd only have the original glass if you order the defogger kits after purchase and installed yourself.

Last edited:
   / L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #27  
"The rear defroster is a whole new window with the heat strips in it. I believe you are suppose to spec the high capacity alternator if you spec the defroster. I didn't get my origional window when I got my tractor & speced the rear defroster, others might have other experiences."

Didn't see a high amp alternator available for the L60's, nor did the defoggers have a footnote suggesting it was necessary. Other models (B's and M's) make it well known a higher amp alternator is needed when getting the defogger. Either it is part of the kit or there is a footnote indicating the need.

You'd only have the original glass if you order the defogger kits after purchase and installed yourself.
I saw that note a few places specing out my L4060 a little over a year ago. I got the big alternator partially because of it... And the fact I was planning on lots of lighting. The big alternator caused a warning light to show on the dash if you left it on for a few seconds or more, but didn't start it. Dealer told me of that issue when they delivered the machine. They finally fixed that bug when it was in the dealer for some hydraulic warranty work. Was a mild annoyance at best.

I'm sure they spec the big alternator as a precautionary measure to ensure the battery still charges with big power draws. Can probably get by without it, but likely won't charge the battery as quickly. May end up with low battery issues at some point depending on your usage patterns.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #28  
Fallon, I figured you had to be correct about the alternator since you have experience. This prompted further investigation on my end. The 2014 wholegoods price list has no mention of the higher capacity alternator, but the one from 2016 does. It doesn't say how many amps it is, and the order code is L5534 and lists for $463. The defogger kits also make it clear to order the alternator with the defogger.

I apologize for the error on my part, but it was due to a faulty price list.

Is the higher current alternator the same price when purchased with the tractor versus purchasing afterwards through whole goods ($463). If it is, I'd have a tendency to purchase the standard alternator with the tractor and buy the hi capacity one through wholegoods and install myself. This standard alternator could be sold or be kept as a backup.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #29  
Fallon, I figured you had to be correct about the alternator since you have experience. This prompted further investigation on my end. The 2014 wholegoods price list has no mention of the higher capacity alternator, but the one from 2016 does. It doesn't say how many amps it is, and the order code is L5534 and lists for $463. The defogger kits also make it clear to order the alternator with the defogger.

I apologize for the error on my part, but it was due to a faulty price list.

Is the higher current alternator the same price when purchased with the tractor versus purchasing afterwards through whole goods ($463). If it is, I'd have a tendency to purchase the standard alternator with the tractor and buy the hi capacity one through wholegoods and install myself. This standard alternator could be sold or be kept as a backup.

No worries, information changes all the time. That price sounds about what it was on my build sheet.

No clue what all was involved on the big alternator. The origional alternator harness is alledgedly unhooked (which caused the warning light). So presumably there is a new harness involved somewhere. I'd have liked to get the original alternator for some other tinkering project (along with the origional back window & non-air-ride seat), but the dealer kept them & I never bothered to ask. Not sure if they pocketed them as spares/profit or what. I recall somebody mentioning their dealer gave them the origional seat with their new air ride seat equiped machine.

Spare parts are always nice & I'm sad I missed out on some of em. But I've figured out I like working with the tractor more than working on the tractor. So when I upgraded from the L3200 to the L4060 I just bit the bullet & speced out all the toys I wanted. I'll still be building my own power SSQA ($2k option if I recall, I'm looking at under $ 300 in parts on my build). OEM & optional lights sucked so I put in my own LED bars & 2ndary power fuse/relay system.

/ L4060 or L4760 - doing it! #30  
Through some small miracle of miracles - my dealer was JUST called this afternoon (I'm EST) by the factory - and there is now a serial number for my L4760...

I'm a lock for the financing deals this quarter - it's a go - mid to late-January delivery!!!!

I just got a new Kubota 4760 + FEL + front blower for the new year!

Whoo hoo!!!

Yes! WHOO HOO! Congratulations!!! Good choice!