L4060 leaking hydraulic pump

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
It looks like my pump or a pipe coming out of the pump is leaking pretty decent. Annoyingly, you can barely get a wrench on the 2 bolts holding the outlet pipe on to snug them down. Loader bracket & steering in the way.

Anybody know what pipe that is with the huge cup welded on is? I'm assuming it's the output to the loader valve, but the parts diagram for that is missing off Messics. Also why would the outlet pipe be welded into something the size & shape of a tuna can. Odd, clunky & something I've never seen before. Is it basically a large non-standard banjo bolt?

Hoping it's just the pipe & not the pump. But it looks like it will be a bear to route & get off/on.
20220202_164157.jpg
20220202_123842.jpg
20220202_123846.jpg

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #2  
My suspicion it that those connections are a European style connector that requires an O-Ring to seal but hard to tell for sure in the pictures

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #3  
sorry to hear about your leak. I believe the pump closest to the engine is for the loader and the pump farthest away goes to the powersteering. so you would be right. No idea why they put it in behind a can. engineers should be forced to take apart what they design.

lets hope it is just an o-ring. atleast the loader mounts come off as one unit per side. my old b7800 both sides came off as one unit very heavy.

if you take the steering bracket off maybe it will give you a little more wiggle room for a wrench.

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #4  
My setup is different. I don't seem to have the tin can around the end of the line. First pic is of the line on the tractor which was replaced when the dealer added the third function. Second pic is of the stock line. It appears to be just a flange with an o-ring. I seem to recall you having a third function. Is it Kubota or aftermarket?View attachment 732448
IMG_20220206_103218.jpg

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump
I have an 3rd function & 3 rear remotes, all OEM. That wierd cup banjo mount is OEM.

I ended up taking it to the dealer yesterday. The barn is unheated, it's freezing here. I'd need to make at least 1 run to the dealer for parts, probably 2 anyway. Feels like cheating to have the dealer sort it out, but I hate wrenching on things in the cold.

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #6  
Don't know why the first pic didn't work. I also have three remotes. I totally understand about the cold. Maybe the fact that the 4060 is the "small" frame and the 47xx is the "large" frame they route the lines differently.
IMG_20220206_103241.jpg

Don't know why the first pic didn't work. I also have three remotes. I totally understand about the cold. Maybe the fact that the 4060 is the "small" frame and the 47xx is the "large" frame they route the lines differently.
View attachment 732478
Odd. All the Grand Ls have the same "frame". Different engines (or turbos) in various ones & the L3560 & L4060 have a smaller front axle, various sized tires & wheels as well. Looks like the same soup can sized banjo fitting, only the line comes out the bottom of yours rather than the side. Must be some alignment thing between engine sizes or something. All the Grands have the hydraulics on the tractor (as opposed to on the loader itself) & have 3pts. So in theory all should have that same line in the same place.

Mostly good news from the dealer this afternoon. Cracked steel line, which runs $160 & is readily avalible. Not as good as a blown O-ring but way better than a blown pump. Should have it back before the end of the week.

/ L4060 leaking hydraulic pump #9  
Great news that a simple line replacement will cure the problem. Is your pressure "bumped up" or within spec. A Kubota rep told me that it doesn't take much extra pressure to create too much side load on the pump gears and wear out the pump prematurely.

Great news that a simple line replacement will cure the problem. Is your pressure "bumped up" or within spec. A Kubota rep told me that it doesn't take much extra pressure to create too much side load on the pump gears and wear out the pump prematurely.
Stock. I have a QD pressure gauge in my hydraulics box somewhere, but don't recall ever using it on my L4060, only my previous L3200.