L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection

/ L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection #1  

RobD70

Tractor
2013 Kubota L3800 HST
I have been doing some brush hog work at a local park. Mowing some brush and some I root out with my loader. I apparently hit my fuel bowl with a stick as it was leaking, I turned it a ways and it kind of skipped, still leaked, then I turned it a little more after the skip, it stopped leaking. I had sticks pole up through by the foot plates and other areas to. Does anyone make a skid plate that would cover a good part of the belly of the tractor that could be added to protect parts like the fuel bowl, hydraulic lines, etc? I will have to take a look under the tractor and see what could be done to protect it. The lines from my 3rd function valve seems to hange down a bit, open to getting hooked and damaged. I will use some plastic zip ties to help hold them in place better but a shield would work better.

Rob

/ L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection #2  
I have been doing some brush hog work at a local park. Mowing some brush and some I root out with my loader. I apparently hit my fuel bowl with a stick as it was leaking, I turned it a ways and it kind of skipped, still leaked, then I turned it a little more after the skip, it stopped leaking. I had sticks pole up through by the foot plates and other areas to. Does anyone make a skid plate that would cover a good part of the belly of the tractor that could be added to protect parts like the fuel bowl, hydraulic lines, etc? I will have to take a look under the tractor and see what could be done to protect it. The lines from my 3rd function valve seems to hange down a bit, open to getting hooked and damaged. I will use some plastic zip ties to help hold them in place better but a shield would work better.

Rob

Rob, I don't know of anything you could buy off the shelf. I think you will either have to design and build them yourself, or take is to some welding fab shop and have them make something up. The trouble with that approach is that it is likely to cost you some serious coin. It would not cost all that much to make something yourself, but you need to be able to measure accurately, and design and fab up the guards. I don't doubt that some members here have fabbed up some of their own guards. Some guys here are pretty "handy".

/ L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection #3  
Rob,

While metal comes to the mind first, don't forget to look at other materials as well. 1/8 to 1/4 inch Plastic or even plywood should work fine. Nor does metal have to be 1/4 inch plate.

/ L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection #4  
Skid plates on pickups are not real thick metal because of weight but they are stamped with ribs to give them strength if you could find one of these that was taken off then fab it to fit your tractor. Seems like a lot of work I bush hog some mighty rough ground as of yet I havn't had a problem but you probably jinx me.:cool2:

/ L3800HST Skid Plate / Protection #5  
Built this skid plate for my dads 1529 massey.

Attachments

• image-842170851.jpg
    image-842170851.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image-3571047047.jpg
    image-3571047047.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1605430919.jpg
    image-1605430919.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1409344308.jpg
    image-1409344308.jpg